Dub at work said that the Knowledge book was too difficult for new ones

by acsot 47 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Voyager...thanks for posting that quote....I'm going to go barf now!

U/D - I rap, I sing, I dance....ought to see me drunk at Karoke....NOT. LOL

• rocketman
    rocketman

I remember the studies we had in the Ezekiel book, the Thousand Years book, the Paradise Restored by Thoecracy book, etc. I was a teenager at the time. Those books were not a problem to comprehend. Like Blondie said, a lot people don't want to study. When I was a bookstudy conductor, I was often perplexed at the total lack of recall and knowledge that jws had. Five meetings a week - you'd think they'd be able to remember something they learned. Also while conducting, I learned quickly that trying to ask any question that required thinking, rather than looking at the book for answers, was a totally vain pursuit. I'd ask and they'd always look at the book, as if the answer would hopefully jump out at them.

Then again, the jw routine pressures people so much, no wonder they can't absorb anything.

• Voyager
    Voyager

EvilForce:

Your quite welcome! That wouldn't happen to be Heinekin, would it? If so, you can pass one my way!

Take care!

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

Too difficult! more like too boreing and stupid. I would read the whole thing in a couple of hours.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder if GBL might have hit on something with his comment:

How does the "artwork" in the new book compare to the "artwork" in the book it replaces?

Has the divine violence been toned down?

Has there been a weakening of the message of God's wrath?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Where do we get the sticks from? How do we get there? Does God bring us back for an Apostacy Tour called One Last Time? Bagsi get to beat the shit out of the paedophiles that get through (cos I can spell it, so that qualifies me). Will my stick be strong enough?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Whatever they write is always pabulum for the ignorant and the naive. They write it to be just right for that level of intelligence.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Well when I looked at the new book I couldn't believe it.It's the 4th edition of the original blue "truth" book.Then came the "live forever" bookand a revised version,then the "knowledge" book,now this re-hashed,same 'ol shit in a somewhat different format.

I remember when the Knowledge book came out(way back in '95,long,long time ago) they said that after studying this book within 6 months,a person would have enough knowledge to decide whether they wanted to be baptised.Funny how many forget that and go oooh-aaah when the WTS gives them the same proper food at the same proper time since 1968.

Goldminer

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey Goldminer, is there any mention of 1914 or the composite sign in the new "What the Bible Really Teaches" book?

GBL

• TheListener
    TheListener

I can't wait for my DC to hear if anyone mentions that the knowledge book was too hard. I've heard COs in the past say that the book didn't get the response the GB thought it would. I also remember when the knowledge book was released and it was touted as direct, simple and easy to understand. An interested one could make a decision in 6 months whether to become a witness or not. Very important due to the fact that the end was right around the corner. Interesting thing is that a year or two after the knowledge books release the society backed off the 6 month plan and made it much more open ended.

Different book, same crap. What a fun bookstudy that will be. Studying the elementary things of God....again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit