Dub at work said that the Knowledge book was too difficult for new ones

by acsot 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

BluesBrother said: "Who are they aiming at? Mental retards and those who can hardly read English?"

You do have to wonder, don't you? Considering that they don't like anyone being more edumicated than them (hence the new drama against higher education), I reckon that pretty much tells use what sort of folks they now want.

By the way, I go back to the old "blue bombshell" [ The Thruth That Leads to Eternal Life], and the Ezekiel book. ;-)

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

In 10 years time I suspect they'll only have one real doctrine left - people are sometimes nasty to each other, therefore we're living in the last days.

Trouble with the old fashioned spiritual "meat" (i.e. Freddy Franz at his maniacal ranting best) is that it's all proved to be a load of old bollox, and Brooklyn are probably fed up with still sweeping up after the mad old goat. The less they say, the less nasty old apostates can blow raspberries at them, I suppose they think.

ig.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Too hard for new ones? Good Lord! That says more about the mental capacity of the "new ones" than about the material being presented.

In my experience, the simple-minded level of the 1985 Creation book might as well be quantum mechanics for these dummies.

AlanF

• M.J.
    M.J.

naah. It's like college textbooks, they come out with a new edition all the time just to keep the revenue coming in.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The new book has a chapter entitled "Are we living in the last days" which lists a few signs,basically what was in the live forever book.The appendix has a 2 page section on 1914-A significant year in bible prophecy.I'm telling you,don't expect too much from this book,I won't be reading it.It'll end up on a shelf with all the others.

I think the FDS or is it the GB,whichever,are afraid to come out with too much new light because they know people are on to their games so it's just easier to stick with the tried and true.I doubt very seriously that there is anything new in this book and I still don't know why they published it.

Goldminer

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, for this list-keeper, what is the New Book called?

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Also, we must not only publish books about or in explanation of the Bible; we must also help the Bible readers to understand these Bible-explaining books, …" (The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1961 p.694)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't get it!

It's TEN years to figure out it wasn't getting through to the 'new ones'??
    So much for "feeding the domestics" and "food at the proper time" and even a "faithful and discreet slave", eh?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It says a lot about their teaching ability too, doesn't it?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Jesus, their target audience must be getting really dumb. When I was in they had been pushing the Require brochure really hard, and I honestly felt embarassed to use it. How insulting is it to ask a grown adult to take turns with you reading third-grade level paragraphs? And then, after you read the five sentences in the paragraph, you turn around and ask them a question about what they just read? You might as well ask them if they are toilet trained yet.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit