Dub at work said that the Knowledge book was too difficult for new ones

by acsot 47 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

maybe that's why during my last JW encounter the elder was amazed at the "FLOCK" book points I was slinging at him... and the WT back issues I cited to make my case.

Between "dumbing down" and just piss- poor lazy members I can see how JW's are illiterate in their own believe structure.

At the tender age of 13 or so I could beat any local clergy on his porch.... Most modern JW's are not very scholarly anymore..they dont want to study and who can blame them

Mental pablum!

~Hill

• luna2
    luna2

Why don't they just skip the text altogether? Hey, they can do an extended revamp of the theocratic comic book (that brochure with just pictures) to use with Bible studies. In one fell swoop they can eliminate reading the material and using the Bible. Of course then, you can't accurately call it a Bible study, but who really cares. Everyone will enjoy discussing the colorful drawings.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For one who was raised on the old books ,the dumbing down of the message is an insult , or would be if I were still in. ( I recall being blown away by the 50's book 'Your Will Be done on Earth' a discussion of Daniel,my excuse now is that I was very young and the internet had not been invented.} Who are they aiming at? Mental retards and those who can hardly read English?
    luna2, They already did that. Back a while there was a brochure with no text , just pictures. I forget the title. It was supposed to be for those with learning difficulties, but as the then Lit Servant we shipped a load out. The "brothers" liked using it !!!

• Quotes
    Quotes

WTS Marketing for new book:

NEW! IMPROVED!!
    Convenient Pocket Size!!
    25% more pictures!
    Tastes great, less filling!!!
    With two BIGGER scoops of Raisins!!!!

But inside the box is the same old crappy prodcut they've been schlepping for years.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Quote from new WT book:

Page 1: See Jehovah

Page 2: See Armageddon

Page 3: See Jehovah at Armageddon

Page 4: See Jehovah Kill

Page 5: See Jehovah Kill at Armageddon

Page 6: Kill, Jehovah, Kill

• luna2
    luna2

So they're pretty much all set. The new "Bible study" kit will include a cool "What the Bible Really, REALLY Says", pocket-sized picture book, maybe a theocratic coloring book and complimentary box of crayons, a set of Biblical action figures, and a "Jehovah's Happy People" video game. Sounds kind of fun actually...you can play with the action figures or color discreetly during meetings.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w63 7/1 p. 397 Maturity, a Christian Requirement ***

In the beginning everyone naturally partakes of the milk of the Word, and is, of course, a babe. But he does not continue to partake of milk alone for very long, considering only the fundamental doctrines; he soon partakes of solid food such as belongs to mature people, after progressing to where such nourishment can be digested and made a part of his reservoir of spiritual information. Spiritually, just as physically, the younger person has a higher goal and a desire to "grow up."

• heathen
    heathen

I'm surprised it's not called spirituallity for dummies or something . LOL OHH goody there's more pictures to comment on at the meetings .........................

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Back a while there was a brochure with no text , just pictures. I forget the title. It was supposed to be for those with learning difficulties but as the then Lit Servant we shipped a load out.

• blondie
    blondie
    complimentary box of crayons highlighters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit