dropped wife off at convention this morn...

by tetrapod.sapien 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Tetrapod, I appreciated your account of taking your wife to the convention. I think some marriages are doomed to fail when one partner stays in while the other leaves, and that's largely because the relationship probably wasn't too great to begin with. Other marriages can weather the storm because the underlying bond between the couple is strong anyway and there's lots of mutual respect, love and tolerance. I so admire your thoughfulness towards your wife and, from what you're saying, she appreciates it as well. I am confident that, whether she stays with them or leaves, yours will continue to be a really good marriage.

• JW83
    JW83

Tetra, that was a lovely story, thanks for sharing. I hope your love and reasonableness win your wife over to days of scotch, dancing with the dog & napping!

Betheny Hughes incident

GBL, What was that?!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it was a terribly sad story from a couple years ago here in calgary, where a witness girl was refusing blood transfusions. it turned into a media and legal frenzy, when her dad, larwence went "apostate" and started fighting for his daughters life like any good father would. you may have seen larwence post on this board now and then. bethany died in the end, and it made a lot of people really really angry.

but it sems to me that the badge security at conventions went back even a couple years before that. but i believe that the year that the whole bethany tragedy went down, we had a bomb scare at the convention, thanks to a couple of apostates, i think. the whole place was evacuated. when we came back in, we had police officers checking our badges and blood cards. 1984 style.

• Pole
    Pole
    i really really felt free. above the hustle and bustle of the convention, i could hear birds in near by trees singing along with the song, and i thanked nature for my conscious existence on this tiny little planet, in the history of this vast cosmos.

Pole

• startingover
    startingover

I have to agree with Gary

If yer married to an active Witness, you're not married.

I have been told I am in 2nd place behind Jehovah, but we all know that it means much more than that, it means I am 2nd to an organization.

• JH
    JH

I have my badge for the convention

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I would probably say to my spouse, you're not going to believe what I just read........and then tell her an example from the book. That's what I did with my husband, but he was already doubting. I printed stuff off the internet, we talked about it. We made the decision together. My husband said to me, we are so lucky that we always seem to see eye to eye on these kind of things.

by grace: That is exactly how it happened at my house, only the roles were reversed. And like you, we left together.

By the way, nice thread. There's some terrific writing going on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit