dropped wife off at convention this morn...

by tetrapod.sapien 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i did NOT put them on my kids.. i dont want just anyone to read their name, where they live etc.

that is VERY dangerous and as we all know...there are sexual predators in the wtbs just like there are anywhere else.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I hope that it all jells someday and she escapes the dreary JW world and joins you in the sun.

thanks luna! you write nicely. it is a thought that keeps me going on some days.

GBL,

thanks man.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Tetrapod, I really appreciated your post. I have been showing my spouse that regardless of faith my love and support will always be there for her. It does cause real issues when they see a faithless one (or apostate) treat them with love and kindness when those at the hall remain standoffish.

You are setting a good example for the rest of us. Thank you.

I'm fading but I've told my spouse similar words of wisdom which are surprisingly met with a nice smile or an agreeable 'yes, I agree.'

The spousal armor is hard to crack but love will win out in the end.......I hope.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    for the last few years, they check badges. as in, they make sure everyone has a badge. if you don't have one, you get stopped and asked if they can "help you". and you don't really have a choice. you have to accept their "help".

I am going to welcome their help in Johnson City, TN. "yessiree Bob, I was just wondering if you can explain a few questions I have about Jesus' return and His parables about faithful and unfaithful servants".

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

To all of you with active JW spouses--I wish you much success in winning them over and away from that nasty cult!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Good luck with getting your wife outta the clutches of the Beast! With kind words like those, she should be running for the nearest exit of the convention hall knowing she has all that love and support from you!

I didn't know that they tailed people without badges that closely during the conventions? Didn't it used to be that the interested public was invited?

CG

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Tetrapod what a lucky woman your wife is to have such a helpful loving husband, who tells her he loves her, boosts her confidence and supports her so much. You should be cloned. Your kind words and acts touched me. I hope she appreciates you. I hope one day her eyes are opened.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Great post! I can so relate to that feeling of freedom. Perfect song to come on the radio....I remember stepping outside of the KH after they said they'd disfellowship me and the stars seemed to twinkle more brightly that evening and I could actually breath again....

I do hope your wife comes around and sees it for what it really is. It sounds like she really appreciates you and the love that you have shown her...I'm sure she has been fed many negative thoughts and ideas from her JW 'friends', she has to be able to see their hypocrisy. Good luck to you and your wife!

• blondie
    blondie
    Help you do what?

Find a seat?

Point out the restrooms?

Get you a songbook and Bible from lost and found?

Ask your name, where you live, why you're there, the JWs you know, who is studying with you?

yes, actually, blondie, all of the above.

I would just politely refuse to let them help me. Actually, I went to a convention during my previous inactive period and no one cared that I didn't have a badge. It almost makes me want to go where I am not known and test it out.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Blondie, me too. I cant believe they would be so anal about a stupid badge. If I didnt have a life I would go and see, and make a big fuss about being an interested person, and pretend they had totally put me off and storm out! Make them think they had lost a precious interested person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit