dropped wife off at convention this morn...

by tetrapod.sapien 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i just got back home from dropping my wife off at the convention this morning. i took the day off of work so i could celebrate the occasion of freedom from mass-delusional-cult-think-programming. out on the porch, sun shinning, birds chirping, scotch in one hand, Demon Haunted World in the other.

as i was driving my wife to the convention grounds, she thanked me for all the help i had provided her in getting ready for the convention, and for driving her. i had made her lunch and breakfast, gone shopping for her and drove her. she said it was ironic that an apostate was so kind and giving to her. no support from the wits since i DA'd myself. so she may be well on her way folks! wish me luck! (i think i caused some real cognitive dissonance in her [poor thing] when she "caught" me browsing the silent lambs web site this week. i think she memorized the URL! ).

pulling up to drop her off at the grounds, the craziness of convention friday came flooding back to me. the attendants directing traffic and checking badges, the families, the suits and dresses, fake smiles and real smiles. it was so sad. before she got out of the car, i stopped her and said: "honey, you're a beautiful and intelligent person. always remember that. and remember that there is at least one person out there that loves you. and remember that when you hear things from the speakers, you have to "make sure of the more important things", and check the sources for yourself. above all, remember that there is rarely such a thing as black and white, good and evil. have a great day, and hold your head up.". she said thanks and smiled. who knows which way she will go. our relationship may get better, or it may get worse. we'll see, but i'm hopeful for her. she has so much unrealized potential.

as i pulled away, attendants staring at this wild bearded man, Richie Haven's version of Here Comes the Sun came on the radio. a little tear of joy came into my eye, and a big smile came across my face. i really really felt free. above the hustle and bustle of the convention, i could hear birds in near by trees singing along with the song, and i thanked nature for my conscious existence on this tiny little planet, in the history of this vast cosmos. i wanted to share the moment with you all. here comes the sun...

Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin'
    Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear
    Here come the sun, here comes the sun

josh
  • blondie
    blondie

Don't miss it at all.

checking badges

They check badges in Canada? What happens if you don't have one? I guess the "invited public" will have a hard time getting in, eh?

Blondie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What happens if you don't have one?

you have two shadows instead of just one...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    a little tear of joy came into my eye, and a big smile came across my face. i really really felt free.

Or you could've just flipped `em off.

Just kidding.

But really, you could've.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

A little tear came to my eye reading your experience . That's so awesome man.

GBL

• blondie
    blondie

I'll just go into the ladies room. They can't come in there.

Seriously, are all people without badges followed by 2 JW men?

The JW men in security have delusions that they are the WT version of Homeland Security.

Good thing Richie has the badges available online.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie
    Or you could've just flipped `em off.

I saw a "brother" with a badge do that to a parking attendant many a time at a convention.

Blondie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Seriously, are all people without badges followed by 2 JW men?

no. you're shadowed by one. the other shadow is the one the sun gives us.

• blondie
    blondie

I can see men with beards being suspicious.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    The JW men in security have delusions that they are the WT version of Homeland Security.

Like a SWAT team at daycare!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit