New and need a question answered before I post any other questions

by soundbox_guy 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

soundbox_guy, sounds like you need to improve your "Wild Sister Radar". Maybe its just rusty from years of non-use.

Wild Sisters are out there. I know of some "Brothers" that view JWs as a safe, clean dating pool. You have to get better at separating the wheat from the chaff.

• soundbox_guy
    soundbox_guy

You're right Quotes, I wish there was some sort of signal a sister could secretly give out to let you know she's a "wild sister." Maybe she could underline her whole watchtower in red lipstick or wear a certain color toe nail polish....Nahhh, that wouldn't work. It's hard to tell because the ones I'd try to get with, I only see at assemblies.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Welcome, soundbox_guy!

I know exactly the feelings you are having about being on this site. The first time I found this place it was about 3 a.m., my heart was pounding, my hands were shaking, I broke out into a sweat, and I kept looking over my shoulder at the door, even though the entire household was sleeping. I realized something was horribly wrong with our lives if I expected the "gestapo" elders to storm in in the middle of the night!

And the rest is history. I swear, I spent about 3 days just reading and drinking everything in. I just couldn't stop myself. I only slept about 2 hours a night, but it didn't faze me, because my mind was in such a state about what I was finding out here. In the end, I felt so validated to find out that all my gut feelings were right on target. Finally I could put aside the thoughts that there was something wrong with ME for feeling that something was just not right with the WTBTS, despite what the elders said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit