My Story.................

by whyamihere 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Where is Brooke? Haven't heard from her in a while. SHe ok?

• kls
    kls

Brooke ,even thou your family life was horrid ,you have come out to be a amazing and wonderful person . Many people turn to alcohol or drugs or many other types of distructive addictions to hide their pain but you overcome it all and made youtself a great person and you should be so proud of yourself because i sure am .

HadEnuf , yes it seems Brooke has set you all free in many ways .

You guys kleenex please.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Thanks Brooke. Cults suck don't they?

Dismembered

"Gimme back my hat, ya punk"

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Brooke--wow I really admire you! Taking it upon yourself to take care of your siblings, that is awesome!

You know, the older I get, the more I realize that very few people have a decent childhood. Mine sucked the big one and so did my husbands'. My parents were not JW's but they were deaf and neglected me and my siblings and my mom was mentally ill--kids at school would tease me because I didn't have good hygiene and I was extremely introverted etc. My husband had to spend his young childhood doing the family grocery shopping for his sickly mother and sister while his uncle spent several years molesting him.

My goal in life has been to give my 3 kids self-esteem and to know that they are loved, both of which I didn't have growing up. I try to tell my kids all the time that I love them, and to give them physical affection. I figure if nothing else, I'll break the dysfunctional cycle in my family. My kids are turning out pretty great-they are now 18, 16 and 12 and doing awesome.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Mumsy.... I love you! In my heart I think we saved each other!

Richie.... I know I have not been on lately...I am just going through stressful times at this point.

Everyone thank you all so much. Being here and having all of you makes my day go better and I know I am ok.

Brooke

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Brooke--by the way, you are a very pretty girl!

• zulukai
    zulukai

Brooke, I've just read through all the comments and especially the one from your mother-in-law!!! Fot the first time on this forum I am totally speechless.....all I can say is how wonderful that so many found their way out of that insane BS religion on account of what you went through. Most of us on this board have had sad and sorrowful times too.. and we can relate to your story....it's wonderful that so much good came out of it all!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    My dream and Hope is to go back to school finish that up and maybe go to college and find myself. With my Loving husband and my 2 kids I know I can do it. It might take awhile but it can be done. The world will not end I will. I just have to live.

Since you appear to be a very strong lady, I am sure you will succeed...

Good Luck - you deserve it.

Branda

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Brooke, you are incredible and I want to hurt those elders. Jehovah's Witnesses are the most unloving "loving" people there is. My family was treated similarly to yours because my father was an unbeliever and my mother was trying to raise 5 children as Witnesses. We we considered bad association as teenagers. Ironically most of the families that wouldn't let their children hang out with us, their adult children are not Witnesses anymore. 4 of 5 of my siblings are Witnesses. I'm the only one that isn't. You should get the book called "Swimming Upstream" written by an ex JW woman. There are alot of similarities to your life. It's inspirational and validates alot of the feelings of those of us that were raised JW. Do a search on Amazon and you can probably find one. Mumsy, I'm so happy Brooke found your son and you and your husband. I'm so glad you went to bat for them, I would have done the same thing. I hate bullies and that's what most elders are.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hey! I enjoyed your story Brooke.Actually I enjoy all witness stories,I try to put myself in the person's shoes to see what they went through.I find it sad how many people are affected emotionally and are still screwed up years later as adults.

You hang in there girl and live life for yourself and your family!

Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit