Canadians will need a "Passport" to enter the US, starting next year

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Fairmind was only kidding, Grace.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Getting a passport to get into Canada doesn't bother me really. I know it is a bit of an expense, especially if you have a large family. But still, I would think Canada would want to know who is coming in as much as the US does.

We have 5 kids...and ack...the prospect of filling out forms, getting kids to hold still for a blurry free picture...eeeekkk very daunting. We don't live close to Canada any more, but I would love to get up there someday again soon. But I guess if we want to go to Mexico we would have to do the same thing.

I too, think they should have done it years ago. It was just too easy for a criminal from the US or from Canada to slip over the boarder.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I have never met either Muslim extremists or IRA terrorists!

My great-grandfather was an IRA terrorist, but came to Canada after his side lost in the Irish Civil War, so I guess there's some truth in that.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I find the idea of having to produce a passport a minor inconvenience.

• Jahna
    Jahna

Actually you won't need the passport (yet) to get into Canada, but rather, to get back into the US.

Jahna

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

'Bout time too... They never fooled me. All them Canadians live within a mile or two of Buffalo are NOT women and kids....clever, clever way to hide an invading force.

The black market for duct tape and blue tarps is the base reason for the passports with the Canadians. Everyone knows the Canadian economy relies on black market imports of these two staple items. We trade for toilets that will clean out with one flush.....it's a evil thing I say...evil....

~Hill

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

accidentily...........

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Satanus - We are going the opposite direction that europe is going.

What do you mean ? granted, most inner borders you can cross without showing your pass, but we have to carry our identifications ALWAYS with us - even in our own country. The European Union consist with 25 countries (and will grow larger )

As far as I know, you don't have to show your passport when crossing one of the inner borders in the United States of North America (50 States) To me, it's looks if WE are going into your direction.....

My passport is showing on the outside:

Europese Unie
    Koninkrijk der Nederlanden

JH - Not everybody will want to pay 150$ and wait 2 months for the passport.

That's absurdly high: due to US demands, we now have a new pass with distinguishing marks (scanned photo, "see through picture" and so on, and the price is Euro 39,95 (april 2005)

Ozzie - I think the carrying of passports when travelling to other lands is something the rest of the world takes for granted. LOL - thinks you are right....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit