Canadians will need a "Passport" to enter the US, starting next year

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I read that late next year, Canadians who will want to go to the US, will need a Passport.

It was so easy to go to the US in the past. Now, when you cross the border, you need lots of ID, and they even ask for you birth certificate.

But, late next year, Canadians will need a Passport to enter the US.

Knowing this, I went to the post office to get a form to fill up, in order to get my Canadian passport.

I was surprised to see all those questions on that form. Although I have a birth certificate, it's rather old, so I had to order a new one...which cost 30$. Then, I had to get my picture taken at a certified place, which cost 12$. Then I had to write down on that form, the names of people who know me for many years, who can testify that I am who I say I am. Then I had to get a professional (doctor, dentist, university teacher...) to sign their name in the back of my picture and identify me as JH.

Finally I had to pay 105$ additional to order my Canadian passport. I should receive it in a few weeks from now. So, just to have the right to go to the US, it cost me over 150$ for that passport.

And this passport is good for only 5 years. After the 5 years are over, you have to start the whole process over again.

So, this question is for Canadians...

How do you like the fact that you will need a passport to enter the US?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Keep in mind it is also for Americans. Americans will need passports to visit Canada, Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Panama....etc. Once upon a time you only needed your birth certificate and a drivers license. This was all done under the guise of making us all safer. Hail Dubya !!!

• FairMind
    FairMind

This action by the USA is way overdue. Everyone knows that Communist Canada is predominantly populated by Muslim extremists and IRA terrorists. Once while in Quebec, Canada I observed people speaking in the French language and everyone knows how France feels about the good old USA. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

We are going the opposite direction that europe is going.

S

• lawrence
    lawrence

satanus-

You are right - Europe wants to open up and North America is in shutdown. I have a feeling that current passports will be required to be updated with the new biometrics regardless of expiration. Happy days are here again!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ha ha jh, your apostocheese fest is adding up quickly! Guess I will have to buy you a few buttlights to make up for it!

• JH
    JH

I'll have that Passport for 5 years...so I'll be able to go to many apostofest here to then..

Guess I will have to buy you a few buttlights to make up for it!

It just happens to be that I drink Buttlight beer.....

Thank you my dear

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Having a passport makes crossing the border much easier. It is extremely convenient. I wouldn't be without one.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

france, here i come...

• JH
    JH
    Having a passport makes crossing the border much easier.

Probably it will, but how many Canadians won't go to the US because of this?

Not everybody will want to pay 150$ and wait 2 months for the passport.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit