Tonight, I talk to the elders about becoming an unbaptised publisher.

by Buck 69 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Buck

Do the research, and when you find watchtower quotes that prove them wrong, and contradict themselves, get her to look them up herself. That way she does not have to look at 'apostate' literature.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/index.htm

Look into the 1985 baptism changes too, let me know if you need stuff about this too.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Buck - you have a wealth of excellent replies here. In particular I agree with Nosferatu: You will be the low man on the totem pole eventually in her affections IF you do not live up to the JW standards.

As special this lady seems at the moment - that will all fade into nothing once you get sucked in. Again to quote Nos:

You're better off finding a woman who isn't going to make you crawl through the JW mud to show that you love her

Plus if she is busting your balls, making demands BEFORE the marriage - what makes you think things will be easier afterwards. In a lot of relationships - this initial period of "love and romance" is as good as it gets.

PLEASE DON'T GET BAPTIZED. Maybe I missed it, but I have not read anything about how your family feels about this? Do you want to lose contact with them?

Think hard amigo.

Mak

Buck,

It's unfortunate that the person you care for is a member of a despicable cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses. Remember this, the ocean is teeming with fish. Lose this one and find another. Staying with this one will ultimately cause you the heartache of a breakup, or the heartache of being coerced to join this extremely miserable cult.

I'd sever my relationship immediately if my significant other became a JW. That's how serious your situtation is. Good luck and I hope you can avoid becoming just another slave of the Watchtower cult.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92081/1.ashx

Buck, This recent thread also has good advice, IF you wish to try to get your girlfriend out of this cult/high control group. What ever you do, please do not get in any deeper yourself.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are heading in the wrong direction and doing things for sentimental reasons doesn't help objective thinking, check out the JW history in some detail before you commit yourself and examine carefully how they have been treating their own members.

Russell and Rutherford said and did a lot stupid things that are an embarassment to the JWs because they show their low down human nature and destroy the myth of the FDS whose heirs are supposedly the Governing Body of the JWs, it's a cult you are dealing with.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I was dating a JW (an inactive one). Now we're married and she's an active one. By the time I learned about her JW background and how she intended on being active again I didn't have the fortitude to break up and stay away. I was so emotionally attached to her. I ran back. But if I had the ability to see the details of my own future at that point, I most surely would not have made the choice I did.

Your life's freedoms are far too precious to exchange for the appeasement of your current feelings.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I didnt really know what I was getting into either my new husband's family were involved and the person they sent to talk to me was very nice (who later dropped me when I got baptized) I was only 20 and trusted them I didnt do my own homework I will never forget my first time out wittnessing an old man called me a Russelit all I could say was who is that he laughed at me my point is PLEASE do your homework before you take another step

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh dear, Buck, Buck, Buck!!

What are you doing? To do this because of loving someone is not the basis for a longterm relationship, no matter how much you are in love right now.

Please be aware that there are two questions that will be asked of you at baptism; the second asks you to dedicate yourself to "the Organisation". Are you aware of all that entails?

You will be obliged to comply with many rules, procedures and so on, even putting in your report each month. You will continually be made to feel guilty. That's the way "the Organisation" works - it will control you. It has nothing to do with Jehovah and Jesus Christ even though they claim it does.

Remember that once you're baptised you can be disfellowshipped - that means being subject to untold heartache as families are destroyed - they will be compelled to shun you in the most heinous ways.

Really, is that what you want?

Reading this board, particularly the Personal Experiences forum, should reveal the dark side of this Organisation to you.

Don't do it!

Ozzie (freedom lovers class)

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

If this woman loves YOU. Why do YOU have to change to her religion.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Why do YOU have to change to her religion

Because she's a dub and dubs aren't 'allowed' to get together with non-dubs, nor would they be allowed to marry in a KJingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit