WTS Recognizes that Millions have Left the Faith

by Bluegrass Tom 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'll never forget the concluding prayer at a district convention I attended a few years ago. The bethel guy prayed that we would not fall away as so many had, and become carcasses strewn along the road to everlasting life. It was one of those moments where you look up in the middle of a prayer, glance around at the hundreds of people and think, "What in the f**k am I still doing with these lunatics?!"

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

This was the inevitable result of their incompetence in running an org as complex as this let's remember they have always been too arrogant to accept advice from anyone and being themselves so incapable they messed up a lot of people's lives.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Dang that f-ing funny! What an awesome prayer! I don't think I would have been able to maintain any semblance of composure. I would have set off some chain reaction laughter. I used to cough on purpose during meetings and prayers and count who else started coughing. Start a new topic called "things to do to alleviate prayer related boredom" I was a constant embarassment to my mother, I'm sure of it....

Twin Buttes Reservoir.....can you believe I live here?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

So far, between 1988-2003 service years I've got 1,289,995 Dubs MIA using a 1% per year mortality rate. I'm going to work back to 1968 and also add in 2004 svs year. to get a grand total of MIA Dubs.

Ahh colorado!! why you wanna put your butt on the internet like that!!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

you are my brother and I love you but....phook ewe, one more comment and i will but my real buttlocks on the net and yet again shame our family name.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hmm there's no good kissy smileys on this site.

*insert good kissy smiley here*

• 4JWY
    4JWY
    The bethel guy prayed that we would not fall away as so many had, and become carcasses strewn along the road to everlasting life.

butt, butt, brothers......the new light shines in 2005:

"we pray that these millions solidify their faith and reject the influence of the scummy dross on the slag heap of destruction." http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/91529/1.ashx - see paragraph 11

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

but it was fortold that many would leave the truth before the end..its just prophecy being fulfilled sillies! ( insert sarcasm in case you missed the tone)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

or maybe we should all respond to his heartfelt prayer and return to the best thing we could ever have in our lives... the society. also, maybe we should drink poison

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There are -2,230,301 MIA strewn on the road way to life (yuck) between 1986-2003. My excel formula was messed up. I cant wait til I get to the big loss after 75.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit