would you let your child associate with Jehovahs Witnesses?

by Ellie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

imo, if mom and/or dad at home are doing their job then protecting their kids against possible indoctrination of jw beleifs from other family members or strangers is no different than protecting them against any other of lifes dangers.

we already know how the jw mind works, we know their tactics, we know everything about them inside and out. I personally feel I have the advantage and there is nothing they could do to 'convert' my child because he living with me is protection enough for him. the one time they tried to convince him of some basic jw belief it turned out to prove me right because he challenged them with common sense questions which they were unable to respond to.

i think protecting my child from a cult whether jw or other is just another challenge in parenting. the only difference is i have the advantage since i know all about the jws that is a challenge i am more than confident i can face. i'm more concerned about my kid falling prey to something else in life something which i dont know about and may not be able to protect him against.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

However, I will insist that I be there too

Wise choice Ellie.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Funkyderek wrote:

Do not let your children associate with people who do not treat you with respect.

I totally agree.

Of course in our town if there were any JW kids, they probably would not be allowed to play with my kids. My kids are "children of apostates " and that just pisses me off. If a JW child lived in our neighborhood I would have to do alot of talking and explaining things to my kids, because I would never want them to judge a JW child in a negative way , because I think it is wrong the way JW's judge others. There would be alot of talking I know , because I want my kids to see the bigger picture.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"would you let your child associate with Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Over my dead body!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My son (15) is clued up sufficiently (he knows enough truth about the truth) so it would be the JW kid that might be in danger of conversion. In fact this is a possibility in our lives just now.

My daughter (11) is aware of my interest in JWs, I would love her to have a JW friend. After what I have learned recently, my kids are going to be educated about cults.

• Angry
    Angry

that is a duh deffinantNO!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    That book is evil and subjecting it to children in a literal way

I agree wholeheartedly about the literal bit, but its so easy to show our kids why the Bible cant be taken literally. If anything in the Bible does not accord with the last 3 words of 1 John 4:8 (God is love) then we have not properly understood its teaching. Just in case we didnt get the message the 3 words are repeated in verse 16. As someone said on another thread, the Golden Rule trumps all other rules in the Bible.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

No, at that age I woul'nt permit anybody to take my child with them.

When your daughter is older, say 6 / 8 years old : the age that you should permit a child to stay with family or friends just for some nights, then I don't see much harm. You will be able to give her an antidote before.

Until then, when your family wants to see your daughter, it is in your company.

At age 2 she needs her mother more then the rest of unknown family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I told her I would think about it.

You said that because you felt uncomfortable - trust your instincts. Don't let anyone build walls between you and your child.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Gill - thank you. I want to say that I DO have a lot to be thankful for--a loving husband, two great sons, a wonderful daughter-in-law and a terrific granddaughter. One of my sons was already out, but my other son and his wife have been fading, and this incident has just about finished them. They are rarely at the meetings any more. Interestingly, my daughter-in-laws parents are active, but do not seem a bit judgmental. I'm sad that I'm split off from the rest of the family, but at least part of my family is intact, and they are most important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit