would you let your child associate with Jehovahs Witnesses?

by Ellie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm suprised they want a non JW (even if it is a kid) to asociate with their kids!

But, like the others have said, if they don't respect you they will either:

a. hurt your child

or

b. teach your child that you are bad.

You don't want either so i suggest you keep the kid with you.

• flower
    flower

This is an issue that I dealt with too with my 5yo son. For the first couple of years I felt very hurt that my family didnt want ME around but wanted to continue a relationship with my son. I took it personal and thought 'the hell with them...he is a part of me and if they dont accept me then they cant have a relationship with him either'. I've since changed my opinion.

I sort of feel though that by saying they can't see my daughter this makes me as bad as them and I don't want to deprive her of her family.

That sums up my feelings now. I feel like anyone who allows religion to keep a child from their family is wrong...even if it is the NON JW allowing that to happen.

I decided I will not be the one responsible for making the decision to keep my son from having a family. If that decision is to be made it will be made by them and he will be able to see that it is them. My only requirement is one that has now been made crystal clear to them, they are not to try to enforce their beliefs on my son. Before my mother and I had that discussion though, they tried one time to do that and my son challenged them with multiple questions making them uncomfortable. Now,at the moment anyway, it isnt an issue and he is able to spend time with his family without the jw issue being more than just an annoyance.

My family has also weakened in their resolve to shun me fully also during these last few years. I think that is because they can see that regardless of their actions my life goes on just the same..if fact it continues to get better and I continue to be happier. I spend a little more time around them than I used to and an outsider wouldnt know there was any issue between us with the exception of a couple of hold outs who refuse to acknowledge my presence.

Bottom line with my child is that we have made it to the point that if they have a jw belief keeping them from doing something with him or me I insist that they are the ones who explain it to him. Once when we were leaving my parents house to go out to lunch my son asked if his auntie and grandmom could go with us..something they would never do normally but I told him he would have to ask them. He did and they did and we had a nice lunch. I hadnt had lunch with anyone in my family in many years.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that would be good , just so you can be demonized in your own home by some freak . According to the j-dubs if you aint one of them you are a devil worshipper . I thought the j-dubs did ban all outside association themselves . You know the old bad association spoils useful habits kinda stuff ........ well true people are dysfunctional in every aspect of the word but I don't think sheltering children from playing with others is good for them either , they need to determine for themselves at some point what kind of friends they want .

• hubert
    hubert
    Am I being selfish if I say no?

Absolutely not !!!!!

You can't go, your kids can't go !!!!!!!!! Get the picture?

End of discussion.

Hubert

• flower
    flower

I dont think anything in life is really that simple. I used to think use that simple Black and White thinking too.....when i was a jw.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sure let her play with a loaded handgun as well. Because the Dubs will start to slowly yet surely kill her thinking off in the process.

The Dubs are always justified in their actions. I heard one sister tell two youngsters...."Don't tell your mommie what grandma told you, it's our secret ok?" When I asked what that was about she explained how her daughter didn't want her to tell her grandbabbies about Jehoba. She then remarked "What she doesn't know won't hurt her." UGH!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

No way. I have seen the way they tried to convert my little cousins with their innocent tactics. The poor kids are so confused in school they cry because they are not sure if they are supposed to be doing christmas or not, poor little tykes they dont go to meetings and they are already confused.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm guesing due to the amount of replies that I've had that you have all had similar experiences.

I've decided to let my family see my daughter, I'm not willing to use her as a weapon in some stupid religious dispute, I don't want to cut her off from people who care for her.

However, I will insist that I be there too, and if they can't accept that then they can't see her, atleast its not me being childish and petty.

Thanks again for your replies, you made the decision easier.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I sort of feel though that by saying they can't see my daughter this makes me as bad as them and I don't want to deprive her of her family.

As a victim of JW 'Theocratic Warfare', I am in circumstances that allow me to personally see the lies and deceit promoted by the WTBTS as being 'righteous in God's eyes'.

Your child's emotional, mental and spiritual health will be jeopardized if you are not present to supervise their honest but misguided intentions as they 'instill and inculcate' WT Style biblical priciples in her impressionable mind. The JW cult is one of the most dangerous on earth because on the surface they look innocent as doves but inside they are teeming with hypocrisy, lies, deceit, half-truths, jealousy and hatred against one another as evidenced by their malicious gossip, and their dishonor and despicable rejection of Jesus as savior of the world.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

All a little kid needs are a few sessions of the Bible story book to start seeing the world as an evil place with demons flying around infecting brains.. and one got into mommy too! Before you know it, you are the evil Jezebel of the Bible deserving to be eaten alive after being thrown from a window.

That book is evil and subjecting it to children in a literal way is nothing short of child abuse. But try explaining that to a dub.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit