An Observation About Life

by JamesThomas 86 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Being consciously present in this moment of Life's expression, being open and meeting with this present moment of Reality, being truly with what is actually here without judgments and mental commentary, does not seem to leave much room for beliefs in deities and their shenanigans. In fact such imaginings only seem to steal away the vibrant aliveness of here.

So, perhaps, it is when we are not that much present with the truth of Life, right here, right now, and rather lost in mental interpretations that we feel a need to become involved in the drama of gods and religion. I mean, if we are not with Life right now, then we may not be very much alive, and it would make sense we feel a need to create a future life in heaven.

Just expressing out loud. No offense meant.

j

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Your post reminds me of a great song by Modest Mouse.

The Ocean Breaths Salty

Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
    In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
    And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
    Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so.

Well that is that and this is this.
    You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
    You get away from me. You get away from me.
    Collected my belongings and I left the jail.
    Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell.
    I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile.

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
    In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
    And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both grow old.
    Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I hope so.

Collected my belongings and I left the jail.
    Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell.
    I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile.

Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,
    when the ocean met the sky.
    You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
    When the earth folded in on itself.
    And said "Good luck."

For your sake I hope heaven and hell
    are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
    In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
    The more we move ahead the more we're stuck in rewind.
    Well I don't mind. I don't mind. How the hell could I mind?

Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,
    when the ocean met the sky.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i really like these thoughts james. the picture is beautiful too. a highlight for me:

being truly with what is actually here without judgments and mental commentary

this is big for me lately. i am one of these personalities with a constant running mental commentrary. it get's in the way of experience. i am always future-thinking. i want to just stop the madness and enjoy now, but it's so hard for me to do that without feeling guilty. it's a compulsion.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Tetra: you need to take up weed smoking. Works like a charm.

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

GBL, ya that's what i hear.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Tetrapod,

I relate to what JT says, but from a scientific foundation based in Quantum physics. You too seem to have interest in science. Have you looked at the philosophies of some of the great founders of QM?

Jst2laws

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi Jst,

Have you looked at the philosophies of some of the great founders of QM?

i have somewhat. bits of schrodinger, born, einstien, bohr. some "popularization" books as well. mostly on duality and the "interconnectedness" of all things. very interesting stuff. super string theory and parallel universes really turn my crank too. but none of it is really helping me live in the moment. to feel the "aliveness" of it all. i kind of understand how it could though.

what were you thinking of, regarding QM?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I found some Quantum Physics to help in becoming a little more comfortable with the mysterious sense of a vaster inexplainable existence, a connection, if you like. But it seems the rubber hits the road right here, right now. A point has to be reached where we stop reading and searching for something, stop hypothesizing or intellectualizing, and actually be present. Ahhhhhh!

How present can this conscious awareness be? When mental evaluating and reasoning are still, how deep does the actual aliveness of this present moment go? It can almost be frightening, kind of like stepping off a cliff. I can see that there is a warm familiar security in staying within the confines of thought, for I am king there; but to open consciousness wide and step outside, naked and exposed, is to lose all sense of control..... It can be exciting just holding, sensing and looking upon a leaf too deeply. Just being with life, can be quite an experience.

Myopic, for so long, seeing only thoughts, I was blind and unaware of floating in and endless ocean of Being. At first it all seemed other, and it was threatening. Now, it is beginning to seem that all along it was the tiny bubble of thoughts which was not me. I am not what my parents told me I was; not what I have believed myself to be.

j

• bem
    bem

JT as always you inspire me and make me believe this doesn't all have to be life against a brick wall so to speak.

it was threatening. Now, it is beginning to seem that all along it was the tiny bubble of thoughts which was not me. I am not what my parents told me I was; not what I have believed myself to be.

Thanks for the picture it is so precious made wanna cry.

~ Dorothy

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

James...great thought !

Tetra have you studied any eastern religion / philosophy? I used to have similar issues but since I have learned to calm my inner spirit I feel much happier and alive now. QM never did it for me, but hey I know it has for some.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit