Without the Internet. Would you still have been a active believing dub??

by Samuel Thorsen 71 Replies latest jw friends

• evita
    evita

I really wish I had this board when I left over 20 years ago. I was in my early 20's and just sick of the whole thing. I had just returned from Europe and the congregation I visited was the same as my little hometown. It so disturbed me that witnesses were exactly the same all over and yet there was a huge, amazing world out there filled with people who had never even heard of JW and could care less. Everyone was living their lives and I was stuck in a lifeless organization, filled with fear and anxiety.

So I faded and then left for good. Soon after, I read COC and Visions of Glory. WOW! My eyes were opened even further and I knew I could never go back. I lost my mom and many friends. Very sad for many years.
    When my mom was dying in Dec 04, someone suggested I look at this site. I spent many nights crying and reading. We've all lost so much and yet gained our freedom and hopefully, our sanity.

E.

• JW83
    JW83

I left after a meeting one night - just walked out & never went back. Something in me had snapped (or woken up?!) But finding sites out there with ex-dubs on them & negative information about the Witnesses was absolutely great - I started looking on the public library computer, then on my parents' computer - it was addictive! CoC was the real clincher, though. So yes, I still left, but the internet has made the process a lot less painful! When I left I thought, 'I don't care if I die at Armageddon, I'll tell Jehovah just what I think of him.' I am definitely over that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit