Without the Internet. Would you still have been a active believing dub??

by Samuel Thorsen 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Perhaps I would.

Struggeling with doubts of course, but going to the meetings and turning in 2 or 3 hours on my report every month like I used to...

What about you guys?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Nope....left before I ever got an email address. Saw the WTBS for the fraud they really were...no light from that den of thieves.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

No. I was disfellowshipped years before I got access to the internet However, I might have retained some feeling that maybe they were right, and my prejudiced scorn for every other religion had I not had access to the information on the web.

As soon as I saw the 586/607 information (you know that insignificant teaching that doesn't matter to JWs), I was totally convinced that the whole thing was a fabrication.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No.
    I decided to leave and THEN I searched the Net for info on the WTS.

I found Randy Watters' Freeminds site, and then this one, within a couple of days.
    They just consolidated my decision with some extra reasons for knowing I'd been duped.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Perhaps I would also. I had a nagging doubt, but the internet proved it to be valid. And also realizing that a lot of others had drawn the same conclusions. (I however, did not turn in just in 2-3 hours, I was an elder almost close to my "departure")

• talesin
    talesin

Nope. We didn`t even have PCs when I left. I escaped all on my own. heheh

tal

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Nah. I left then found you lovely people. In fact I didnt even look up ex-witnesses on the internet until the day I joined here, despite being out for a couple of years.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had already left....but I still believed it was the truth. I just accepted the fact that I was going to die at Armegedeon any day.

Then I got the internet....Now I know it's not the truth.

Lisa

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I left before I had Internet access (1993).

I grew more aware about organisational corruption, doctrinal vaccilation and errors in Biblical scholarship when I first started posting at Tishie's old board (Support For XJW's) in '96-'97.

But by that point my study of various religions and of biology had solidified my beliefs regarding the likely nature or existence of god, although I've learnt more on both subjects since then.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'm 21 and I'm very glad the internet exists, if it wasn't for this unlimited library I would still be a witness. I was raised a witness and never knew anything else but a witness life. I suffer a lot while being a child and a teenager, didn't have much friends and so was a loner. My self-esteem was down to the floor. I was miserable till I got out of it.

I still remember when I searched Jehovah's Witnesses through a search engine and stumbled upon freeminds.org, I was a devoted witness but wasn't closed minded so I read the material. I didn't want to believe and I even left a post calling Randy and everybody else a liar. But I still kept on reading the webpage because one section caught my attention. It was the section on kids in the watchtower which I identified with most of what it said. I also read Watchtower Psycology, but I still wasn't conviced. When I went back to the meetings, I started to notice that everything on the webpage was true, the hypocrosy, the methods they used on the literature, I started to notice every little detail. Then I came to research more and read about the false prophecies and the UN scandal. That's when I decided to go to College, it took me a while, but I'm starting classes this September.

Thanks to the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit