Without the Internet. Would you still have been a active believing dub??

by Samuel Thorsen 71 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I believe I would have been at this moment but the pressure was on and I dont know how long I would have held out.

Im just so glad it helped me get out sooner than later

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Little Toe.

I didn't know you'd left then researched!

Proper litlle apostate you!

Si

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Like many others, I may have left but I would have almost completely blamed it on my own cockiness or selfishness.

Perhaps without the burden of meeting attendance, field service, and all the so-called spiritual family responsibilities I would have had time to do proper research then - but I'll never know now.

But what this site and others did was free me from the chains of guilt that the JWs may be right.

Even though some of the posts on this site might be purely out of anger or overly sarcastic. THe pure evidence against the Society is way more than the Society has often used to discredit other religions (the Latter Day Saints, for example).

At the very least, it is nice to know that i am not going to get zapped at some Armageddon. Even though I haven't approached my wife regarding all this yet, that freedom from Armageddon is very rewarding. . . .and that not going out in field service or attending meetings means that I am evil ... I like that freedom too.

-ithinkisee

• dh
    dh

No, I was out for 7 years before I stumbled on JWD.

• luna2
    luna2

I'd been inactive for almost 4 years before finding JWD, but still had some belief causing me grief. Its weird that I never thought to look for info on the internet until just a month ago. It stuns me that I was so indoctrinated against looking at any info critical of JW's!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, reading Rutherford's books and the abuse issue pushed me out the door. The Internet just validated my individual discoveries.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

No! I was out the door slowly, reading crises confirmed what I had been thinking about the Watch Tower organization. Next came this site, and you know the rest of the story.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I had been out for several years ... still somewhat guilt ridden and very angry at the witnesses for whatever reason. The internet (along with Amazon.com and the COC book) helped me begin to let go of the fear, guilt and pain being a watchtower slave produces. Now I know for certain I will never go back and I feel more pity than anger toward those still enslaved because I have a better understanding of cult tacticts.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I started fading 3 years before I found out about 607 B.C. being a false date while at the local library examining Jewish history and chronology shortly after seeing a blank billboard with 607 BCE? painted on it. Then about a year later I found out about the UN/NGO affiliation while researching for terrorist connections in a non-profit corporation located in Maine. That was enough for me to tell the WTBTS what I thought about their lies. I didn't start getting on the internet looking for more truth about the truth until after I left the cult.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Pubsinger:I wouldn't actually leave for another four months.
    Then, and only then, I started ordering books like those of Ray Franz.

Stepping back to my decision point, I arrived there solely through bible reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit