Something the speaker said yesterday that got my wife thinking. Advice?

by PaNiCAtTaCk 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    This scripture---absolutely essential in the JW theology about the tree representing God's Kingdom and that that 2,520 years would pass until Jesus started ruling "invisibly" in 1914 is plain horseshit. There is absolutely NOTHING in the book of Daniel to indicate it's referring to anyone else besides Nebuchadnezzar......there's nothing to insinuate that the 7 times means anything other than the 7 literal years that Nebuchadnezzar was bonkers eating or smoking grass and living like an animal.

even if a case could be made, Neb had a fully restored kingdom after his 7 times.... what happened to JC? Got mugged by Satan?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    BTW elders are well aware that most of their cong. can't explain 1914.

Most of the elders probably cant either.

• robhic
    robhic

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the alltime, simple, kick-ass timeline refutation by Alleymom! Go to:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

The simplicity and elegance of this graphic timeline will slap you in the head!!! It's simple, graphic, indisputable and is accompanied by WT articles to backup that what the graphic timelind shows. It's really easy and to-the-point.

Good luck,

Robert

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned the alltime, simple, kick-ass timeline refutation by Alleymom!

I am proud to say it was her timeline that took me permanently to the "Dark side". I thanked her personally via PM.

The best thing was that I "knew" that something was amiss with 607 and 1914, but I was dreading having to get into all the clay tablets and historical records.

With alleymom's chronology I was able to prove 607 was false with the only thing the JW's know how to argue from - the Society's own literature. Often when talking to JWs about anything spiritual their eyes glaze over as soon as you bring out a book that is non-Society produced.

So with Society literature and that timeline of alleymom's, it's a done deal.

(Crossing my fingers and hoping the half-dollar Scholar doesn't now step in.)

-ithinkisee

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Triple amen!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...and quadruple

• burnthepig
    burnthepig

good to know everyone here is in Unison.. i was one of those thirty-somethings Not anymore..

:)

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

thanks guys for all the responses. I really want her to understand the errors in our beliefs but at the same time being enlightened can cause a major crisis in ones life. I know it has mine. There are still many doubts and much confusion about what I should believe and how I should worship Jehovah. Occasionally I still get the "this must be the truth" feelings. Its getting easier for me the more I research but if I create this crisis in my wifes life then she will also have to face these same issues. I wish I could have gone through this crisis before I got married and had a child. My son starts kindergarden in 3 months and I have to go with my wife and of course talk to the teachers about how we are JW's and we dont do this and that or color xmas pictures. Thanks again everyone.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

PanickAttack,

One of the easiest, in my opinion, is the little flock/other sheep.

The context in Luke 12 makes it clear that the "little flock" referred to all his followers as contrasted to those who would not follow.

The setting of John 10:16 makes it clear that he was talking to Jews who had been taught from infancy to detest Gentiles when he told them he had "other sheep." There is nothing at all, including the Hebrew word translated "flock", in common between the two texts. Why do they relate the two as showing a little flock as opposed to a larger flock, instead of showing that the little flock would become larger by adding more to the same flock which is what Jesus said would happen in John 10:16?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah tough times for you and your wife. Really though do we change our lives when the goings good? My experience, and watching others has taught me that we need pain to motivate deep change. Your honest heartedness will shine through. Take comfort that there are many who have walked before you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit