Kingdom Halls for sale!

by morning glory 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Buying and selling real estate is a great way for the WT to make money. Some of the WT properties that were bought some years ago, which are now located in prime real estate markets could be sold at a great profit!

Some of these halls are probably are almost paid for by the congo by now and the WT wouldn't want them to get to the end of their loan payments and be in the financial clear--I am sure the cash flow wouldn't be there if the congo knew their was no morgage on their hall.

So, when it get near to the end of the congregation loan the WT sells the property takes the cash and then re-lends money to the congregation (which the congregation gave to the WT in the first place) to buy another piece of property--maybe in a less pricey area. Now the congo is strapped with another full loan payment to the society and the society puts the extra cash in their pocket along with the many future payments and interest payments from the congo. I have to hand it to them--this is a brilliant scam!

cybs

• luna2
    luna2

Kind of makes you sick, doesn't it?

Okay, so who benefits from all of this money being funneled into the WTS? I know Rutherford had some pretty nice perks, but do any now seem to take advantage?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My dad pioneered from 1951-56 used up a small nest egg inheritence that kept him in junk cars and a roof over his head.Married his 17.yo. study at age 27 he and she pregnant with firstborn me nearly singlehandedly built the original Bridgewater Massachusetts Kingdom Hall with some of his unemployment check used for building materials.

The Bridgewater Massachusetts congregation was to grow and split and become three,the new Rockland and Whitman Massachusetts kingdom halls of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Haszard clan has been broke and enslaved to that real estate glutton watchtower corporation ever since.

Ya know what?I am gonna get all our money back one way or another watch me.

Danny Haszard Bangor Maine the Watchtower Whistleblower

[Post script; my dad's 40 or so 'studys' that he recruited back then to seed the Bridgewater cong, well they have all died off,and the last i checked they are all still dead]

• Jeablue
    Jeablue

The word is that the Assembly Hall in plant city, florida will be sold, and a new simpler Assembly Hall will be built.

How funny, I helped build the Plant City Assembly hall. I remember cutting wire to lay down for the concret pour of the parking lot. Glad to see it go

• morning glory
    morning glory

"The word is that the Assembly Hall in plant city, florida will be sold, and a new simpler Assembly Hall will be built."

The words/phrases, "simpler" or "simplify things" as was used as the reason to put this KH up for sale,seems to be one of the WTS's

favorites. It really doesn't explain too much to the JWs as to the real reason the suggestion was made to sell. But it does have a nice ring to it!

Thanks for your comment,"Jeablue".

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome to the forum traveller....

Hope to see you round.

DB74

• observador
    observador

morning glory,

hubert asked you this but you didn't respond: in your initial post, you were not talking about the Hall on northern Rhode Island, were you?

• toladest
    toladest

I just told my husband about the Plant City Assembly Hall. He helped build it.He was BROKE and he went weekend after weekend helping to build it.He had to drive 2 hours each way with his own gas money. He is pi**ed off that the WTS is selling it and will surely make a huge profit off the backs of the men and women who sacrificed SO much to build it. It is a beautiful assembly hall. I remember getting post cards and larger pictures after it was completed to show off this beautiful building.

The WTS does have a great scam going! Using the labor of its members cuts the price of construction enormously. Then they sell the buildings and make a profit off their labor! And yet most dubs follow blindly not even giving it a second thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit