If You See A JW or An Elder, Do You Try To Avoid Them?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I was in a drugstore a couple of months ago, I saw the presiding overseer in the other aisle with his wife. I saw them and made a conscious decision to leave. What would YOU have done in a similar situation???

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Nope I make straight for them.

Nothing to be afraid of.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

i wouldnt run away, but i wouldnt talk to them or acknowledge them either. ive moved away from the area i was diss-assd in so that would be unlikely now.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

No!

I am polite and smiling.

Living good is the best revenge.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I try to make sure they see me and make eye contact, I always smile. They look like they just shit their pants as soon as they realize that I DA'ed myself.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

I can see why those that disassociate themselves might do that.

• upside/down
    upside/down

They pretend I'm invisible!

So there's no need... certain ones get close enough... they're gonna get a sock to the nose!

u/d

• just fine
    just fine

No! I will never hide from anyone. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I would walk the other way for only 2 reasons (not fear or shame):

1. Disgust and unwillingness to remind myself about the crap life I had back then
    2. Not wanting anyone in the community to think I am in any way associated/sympathetic with JWs and their beliefs, which could happen if I was seen talking to them
  • undercover
    undercover

I treat them the same as anyone else that I run into that I know...

If it is somebody I like, I make sure to speak and catch up on things...

If it is somebody I recognize but aren't sure they'll recognize me, I wait for them to register recoginition; if they do I'll speak, say hello.

If is is somebody I don't like, I might avoid them or if unavoidable, speak but keep it short.

I never leave somewhere because somebody else is there, even if I don't like them. If they behave, I'll behave. If they act badly, I'll try to ignore them. I will not back down or leave however. I have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit