If You See A JW or An Elder, Do You Try To Avoid Them?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i go out of my way to stop and expose the jw's in public. elders are my favorite target. if i catch a field serv group. i go straight for the elder. and let all his flunkies, watch me blow him out of the water. on any topic.( of course i allways pick the topics) lol. then when he calls me a liar on some wt doctrine. i tell him straight out . LET"S GO TO THE KINGDUMB HELL LIBRARY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL SEE WHO'S LYING. they allways back down. then i remind them as they are running away. jesus said false teachers will hide who they are ,once exposed hiding behind white washed graves... i make it my duty to embarrass jw's public. they earn their fs time when they run into me. john

• JAVA
    JAVA

I've been out for 20 years, but when I see someone from the past I go right up to them and say, "Are you still a Jehovah Witness?" If they say yes, I follow up with, "That's too bad; do you still shun members for voting and sending Mother's Day cards?" If they say no, I fill them in on books, websites, etc.

You can just see the Witnesses wanting to fall into a crack, and they usually take off before I ask other questions. It's been a few years since I've done this, but I don't know most of the Witnesses in this area anymore.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Min, If I were you and I saw an elder in the drug store- I would grab a box of condoms (the 40 pack) and a gallon jug of KY jelly. Then I would run up, and hug them, being sure to emphasize the products in my hand, and spitting while I talk (that last bit is just for fun).

If you do this- I wanna hear about it.

But anywho- when I see them- I just go shake their hands and think about what brainwashed asshole janitors they are.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I have a lot of fun being really nice to them and making sure they see that (1) I haven't sprouted horns, (2) I'm not unhappy, (3) I'm not avoiding their eyes in shame, and (4) I'm NORMAL. It's great fun -- I ran into one from my dad's old congregation about a month ago and happily chatted in the elevator as he uncomfortably shifted from one foot to the other. You see, I'm not DF'd or DA'd, but I did send a really hot letter to each of the elders AND each congregation member of that congregation a couple of years ago after they drove my dad to suicide. I told them that they were bloodguilty before God for how they treated my father and that they were worse hypocrites than the Pharisees. (I also sent that letter to the Society, the local newspaper and one of the local TV channels. The Society wrote me a carefully worded letter about three months later saying that they had spoken with the elders -- sure they did -- and they thought my anger was, um, "misplaced.")

Living well is the best revenge.

Nina

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am on the 'active shunning list', if such a thing exists. Anyway, few of them will speak to me at all - and I make sure they know I am there. I do nothing to really embarrass them, but I have not been expelled and I expect [former] friends to speak to me decently. If they do shun me, I won't let them get away with it, I call thier bluff. After the moment has passed and if others know me there, I explain that I have left the cult of Jehovah's witnesses, due to conscience, and the witness way of hating those who dare to think.

To me it is not about revenge - it is about keeping others from entertaining the idea that such wicked action is correct. I might shake one of the witnesses out of the cloud they dwell in - or I might keep another good human being from becoming a captive. I do try to be tactful though, as any chance of getting a witness to think is lost with rudeness - they will just call it 'persecution' - which I guess in a way it would be that. I have no need to become a persecutor of Jw's.

Jeff

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm like Blondie, I treat them like normal people, say high and smile, sometimes talk a few minutes and ask about their kids or whatever. I don't have any regrets or bad feelings toward the rank and file JWs. I don't remember ever being mistreated by any of the local group.

Ken P.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Yes, I do. I remember when I lived in my small town the only place to shop was Wal Mart and it was open 24 hours. I would go there around 3 in the morning to avoid people entirely and I'll be damned if some were there also even at that time!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I generally make eye contact, give them a little smile. If they don't run away, I say hi, have a little chat. I try never to act hostile or threatening, but I am also very honest with them. When they ask me about my life, I confirm that I have a worldly boyfriend, that I own a store where I sell ciggies and lottery tix, that I organize charity fundraisers. Very few have recoiled in rage and horror. However,a handful of them have begun to see me as a confidante, someone non-judgmental to confide in. Apparently, LOTS of my former brothers and sisters are having doubts and feel like leaving the "truth". It's my reponsibility to set an example and show them we don't shrivel up and die outside the organization.

Edited to add- Nina, you rock. You're my hero! I'm so glad you didn't let them off the hook.

• nelly1
    nelly1

well i have banged into a few, some jw came to my house and i told them straight what happened to me, and they give me the bullcrap that oh jehovah will hold them bloodguilty etc you should come back, and i said what for more abuse?? and i told them id rather die than live in the new system with those people.

the other day i was in one of the stores i work in im a merchadiser and saw one of the ones that i cant stand a sister and she had her new baby ugh, shes the biggest hypocrite i know, her father used to give talks about gossip and yell " DONT GOSSIP" at the cong when he gave a talk then get this he and his wife and daughter were the worst gossipers out, i know this as i was friends with their cousin and she used to tell me what theyd say about others after meetings grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i avoided her like the plague, i dont live in that town anymore but occassionally i have to releive there and work in the stores ugh and see these loosers.

some people still in i will say hi to if they look like they might be friendly, but im not df or da just faded im not going to let them have the satisfaction of saying oh shes df or whatever theyd love that.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I been out so long I don't recognize any Witnesses any more. I think all of em I knew died.

Did I mention they have a Kingdom Hall, all brick, with a parsonage attached?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit