If You See A JW or An Elder, Do You Try To Avoid Them?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Since I did not particularly dislike any of them I would look at them peacefully, but since you know the most you can do with them is exchange a few words, basically I would ignore them.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When I see JWs that know me I just try my very best to ignore them. It works 90% of the time.

Sometimes it's hard to do, especially when they happen to be in the same isle at the shopping store. In that case, I stare at some item or something and wait to see if they make the first move. To my surprise they don't many times. We mutually ignore one another in many instances. Remember that I'm considered 'spiritually weak/borderline apostate by many'.

When I'm with my husband, he goes out of his way to scope the place for JWs and then be extra friendly to them. I just leave him there and wonder about the place until he's done with his agape fest.

I've gotten brave and have told him a few times already that the Organization is just a religion and a big burden to me. I think he gets the picture and doesn't bug me much about attending meetings anymore. He knows the excuses I make are fake ones just not to go.

Sorry, I got off the subject a bit. Needed to do a little mind dump. Sorry.

DY

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I walk up to them, shake my piercings at them and they flee like vampires from garlic!

• blondie
    blondie

I treat all JWs exactly like I did when I went to the KH.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I head straight for them with joy in my heart and smile because they are lost and need a real friend. Most of them say Hi and talk for a minute or two. Only one or two of them (one elder; one MS) have I've met in public are having a really terrible day (maybe it's just trying to live up to their title) and are nasty to me but I still talk with them until they run away from me. The other morning a MS told me he had been having a great day.... until I showed up. I guess the guilt from reading the apostate WT literature and scriptures that refute it that I have been posting on several KH's 411 boards in the last month is starting to take effect and the local dubs are asking the servant bodies too many questions about WTBTS doctrines... hehehe

I work around 3 or 4 JW's but don't see them but maybe 5 or 6 times a year so I make sure that they get a good Kingdom Greeting from me when we run into each other.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hello! I'm new here, decided to make my first post in this thread.:P I just had to share how I deal with JW when I see them around. When I first left I was very nervous when I saw one at the store or on the street...my first reaction was to run, just like the original poster did. I really didn't want to get into a conversation.

Now it's been a few months, I don't run anymore, but I don't talk to them either, I just pretend not to see them while making sure they spot me. I put a great big smile radiant smile on my face while I look at stuff, so that they realise that even though I'm not part of them anymore, I'm not the sad, revolted person they make every young ex-JW to be. (Because that's always what's gossiped around..) Oh, and if I'm lucky, I might be wearing a pentacle pendant or my tattoo might be showing...lol...sure to make an impression amongst them!

• minimus
    minimus

Lilycurly, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Great 1st post!

• franklin J
    franklin J

No, I never run from them; never have since I have been "out".

I do not go out of my way to greet them; but when we come face to face I show them the same courtesy and politeness I show anyone else.( I can certainly afford to be nice to THEM) No one EVER asks how I am doing or how is my family ( much less ask about my marriage to a "worldly " woman and my children); and I am just brimming and enthusiastic to let them know just how very successful we have all become.

As was said in a previous post---living well is the best revenge. Prosperity speaks volumes and overshadows all of the JW neurotic twitchings; fits and spasms which float in their wake..

If they SEE ME they do make a conscious effort to AVOID ME. This has happend on every occasion that I have seen them. On more than one occasion a former JW "friend" has crossed the street to avoid me......chuckle, chuckle...

• jt stumbler
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I saw them and made a conscious decision to leave. What would YOU have done in a similar situation???

When I first left I still lived in my hometown (small place) JW's were everywhere and I ran into them every time I did any business in town. I always noticed they would pretend to not see me, but I didn't let them get away with that! I had not been publicly reproved or DF'ed, I had just quit attending meetings maybe at the most I was marked by many.....but I took an in your face attitude with them, very friendly and I would always approach them first and just attempt to make small talk. The reactions were always the same if we were in a very public place and they might be observed by another JW talking with me they would be very casual and excuse themselves from any conversation with me, if we were in a more private setting they would chit chat for a long while.

Later after I had left my hometown and JW husband, although still not DF'ed or publicly reproved I would occasionally see someone out of town where I lived in a department store and would get the same response as above I could tell they were nervous about speaking to me wondering if I was DF'ed and I would continue to engage them in conversation as much as possible, I loved seeing them squirm!

Silly people! It's just plain silly! I won't buy into their games or shunning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit