New Letter to all Congregations 5/16/2005

by TheListener 55 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I just got a sneak peek at a letter to all congregations. It will be read at this week's service meeting. I can't remember it word for word but the gist is:

For the U.S. Branch.

About 5 (or was it 8) years ago a specific sum was collected from all the congregations within the u.s. branch for the purpose of car and medical insurance for circuit overseers. This amount has run out and new money is needed to cover this cost. A recommended contribution per publisher of $8.00 would cover the costs. Unlike the past contribution which covered the costs for the last 5 (or was it 8) years, this contribution will only cover this years premium. Again, this money will pay for the medical and car insurance for the 617 circuit overseers in the u.s. branch territory.

---In all likelihood the elder body will put forward a motion to pay this right from the congregations account. I figured if there are 900,000-1,000,000 publishers in the u.s. branch office area that should be about $8million for medical and car insurance. I always wondered how many COs there were.

• Chia
    Chia

Whew! I rarely donated money anyway or asked householders for money. That is just ridiculous.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

8 million dollars divided by 617 CO's = over 1,000 dollars a month per CO. They need a new insurance carrier.

WW

• undercover
    undercover

8 million dollars to cover medical/car insurance for 617 people for one year?

I'm in the wrong business....I need to start a phoney religion and bilk the followers.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I said $8 million because they asked for $8 per publisher. According to the May KM there are almost 900,000 publishers. I know it fluctuates. However, the elders will pay from the congregation accounts based on publisher record cards. There will be more publisher record cards than publishers shown in the KM reports due to inactivity or irregular publishers. The WTS will get more not less.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

so lets say 8 million dollars get contributed to the society...

divide that by 617 COs.

That leaves 12,965 per CO. I do believe thats more than enough, considering that the cong pays for gas and food while they are at each cong and all the goody goodies slip him a 50 dollar bill on the last sunday of his visit.

I wanna be a CO when I grow up!!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

More like politicians every day.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Not to throw water on this argument but if there are 900,000 pubs, then that equals $ 7.2 million. Remember that there are 617 CO's and most have wifes too that get covered. So let's call it 1200 people covered. Our employees each cost us $ 250 per month to insure for medical. 1200 x $ 250 x 12 = $ 3.6 million. Car insurance for each CO is probably $ 1,200 a year. So another $ 1.0 million. So let's be generous and say $ 5 million. Not everyone will donate the recommended amount, but still they might pocket another $1 million or $ 1.5 million. After all there is paperwork and administration fees ;)

• blondie
    blondie

I thought they had stopped assessing this against the congregations due to IRS problems.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

so much for their assertion of having an unpaid clergy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit