New Letter to all Congregations 5/16/2005

by TheListener 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Damn Listener, you scooped me on this by 20 minutes. Check out my opinion here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90926/1.ashx

This way of collecting money (resolution to pay per publisher count) is essentially a tax to the congregation. Don't tell me it's voluntary.

Ever wonder why the resolution is carried with a 100% vote?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Are we saying that around $8million a year is the right amount for 617 individuals (plus spouses) for :

Car insurance,

health insurance,

possibly car lease payments?

Here is my math:

Car insurance: 617 x $1,000 bucks a year = $617,000 (one car per couple)

car lease payments 617 x $4,800 a year (that's $400 a month) = $2,961,600

USING WHAT'S LEFT FOR HEALTH INSURANCE YOU GET:

There should be about $4,421,400 leftove for health insurance (based on $8m total)

health insurance: $4,421,400 / 1,200 (incl. spouses) = $3,684.50 a year OR $307.04 a month.

Could make sense.

• TheListener
    TheListener

YES YES YES YES

I scoooooooooped someone!!!!!!! (picture listener running around the room screaming and yelling; oww I fell)

Alright!!!!! Take that man!!!!!

Sorry, I will calm down now. Since I'm fading it's dificult to get the scoop on anyone. I liked your post. You seemed to remember more details than me.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I can't believe I am contirbuting to a topic where I get such abuse.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I thought the bible said something about Paul being a tent-maker and earning money to support himself.Bet they don't quote that scripture when they ask for the "donation".And the loyal jw's just sit there and swallow it.What a scam!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and all us lovely brothers and sisters have the privilege of supporting this arrangement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Soledad
    Soledad
    They supply health ins. to co's?! but not to the poor schmuks at Bethel? How about all the rank & file who work in low paying jobs that do not provide health ins? How do you suppose they will take this? carla

LOL that sounds a lot like something I would say

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is there a special 1-900 # listed in the letter for all of us apostates who would like to contribute?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

P.S. Oops! We forgot to mention one thing. They are insured by the Watchtower Circuit Overseer Insurance Policy Underwriters, Inc. Keep in mind, that is a separate, for-profit legal entity not to be confused with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Please send us the money and trust us to dispense it with their long term best interests in mind. Speaking of long-term interest, that is the kind of accounts the money will while away its time in. Peace be unto you, saps. I mean, brethren.

• catchthis
    catchthis

BluesBrother mentioned it in a thread. This is a business. And where there is no money, cuts must be made. Why not just have the publishers shuttle the CO around to where he needs to go? Most pubs drive their own cars in service anyways right? Unofficially ask the wealthy ones to donate a car. No doubt the WTS is its own insurance agency. Why pay another company free money when they can take care of any problems in-house on their own dime? Anyone care to take a peek inside the CO's glovebox to see what name is on the insurance card while you are out in service with him? No doubt even a "worldly" insurance agency probably gives HUGE discounts to full-time "clergy" members.

We shall see even more cutbacks in this area. If the money does not appear, we will probably hear of CO positions being eliminated. Or even the circuit areas expanding leaving redundancies. Hell, why not just make the City Overseers the CO's for their areas?

The WTS has many options.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit