Children of the 80's!

by MelbaToast 53 Replies latest jw friends

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Alright, I admit, I was a child of the 80s (or what I can remember) But the real reason for this thread is I have noticed that there is quite a few of people on this site that are close to me in age or just a little bit younger or older. I will be 28 in june. I think that this period in my life is a deep questioning period, because at younger ages I didnt give a flip about anything JW or Ex-JW for that matter. Maybe that is the real reason that I started researching the JW's

I think that this site is a great outlet for finding that common ground with people who have shared the same experiences. Please dont think I value anyone else that isn't in my age bracket, (younger or older) Or maybe it just has to do with ex-jw's in general.

Anyway, I was just saying HI! to all my friends and since I told you my age, get yours out in the open!

Generation X'rs, SHOW YOUR FACE

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, I remember the 1980s. I had a Pogo ball! One of the few toys that didn't shoot a gun (or pizzas)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am ~9 yrs older than you. I don't think I'm in generation x.

When I was in my late 20s, I had just finished my undergrad degree and went on a healing quest. I studied various religions and psychology to de-borg-ify myself. I do think it tends to be a time for questioning.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I love the 80's! I'm turning 30 tomorrow. :)

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

lol at NOS! I too had a pogo ball :) Its what they call it (I watched too much TV) But its funny I really cant remember a lot from my childhood, I think I blocked most of it. I have snippets that come back every once in a while, but most times I come up a blank.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The neighbor had like every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy ever made. We had fun with the pizza shooter. That poor dog!

No offense to anyone who had an Atari, but Colecovision kicked major ass!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Born in 1980!

Brooke

• lilbit
    lilbit

yup Im an 80's baby I was born jan 1980

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

I think colecovision was very similar to Intellivision here. At the time those games RAWKED! I was sooo jealous of my friends that had one. I was not cool enough to have one of these, and actually my first game system was Nintendo. My mother thought video games were too violent (go figure), and didnt even buy that one. I saved up the money and bought it myself. Still with that I wasnt allowed to get Duck Hunt or even use the gun if I was over at a friends house. I mostly played Tetris.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was a teenager in the Eighties.... those were some good times....

Then I ruined it and joined a cult...

u/d (of the all the great concerts I missed out on class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit