Children of the 80's!

by MelbaToast 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'm 29

I had the legwarmers,

I had legwarmers, used to wear them on the minsitry

Oh yeah! Chorlton and the Wheelies!!!! There was the Welsh witch in it called Fenella and Chorlton would always say..." Ello little old lady" in a broad Northern accent

Chorlon was great - our kids loves it. I bought the dvd FOR THEM of course. Fenella the witch was great, they wouldn't get away with it now when her yelling names at ther german spellbook

I used to love the muppets, bagpuss, the clangers and thundercats !

Trumpton town - hugh, pugh, barney magoo, cuthbert, dibble, grub .... or something like that !

Will o the Wisp was also brilliant
    Willo the wisp was baaaad, because it had a ghost
  • scotsman
    scotsman

For a long time I thought that TV wouldn't get better than Dangermouse but then along came Willo the Wisp! I have it on DVD and it's fabulous.

The Witness kids here didn't go rollerblading, we went ice skating on Friday nights. It meant we could hold hands. Then some youg punk of a brother got involved in a fight and was discovered to be carrying a knife - ice skating became BAAAD.

• Angharad
    Angharad

oh and count duckula and He-man too

Its all coming back now.

I always wanted a pair of rollerskates but never had any. I also wanted a spud gun but it was a gun

Not sure if anyone has mentioned WHAM, who can foget them ??? - wake me up before you go go - those inspired lyrics

• toladest
    toladest

Air Supply, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Wham, Huey Lewis & the News, Men at Work, Duran Duran, and who can forget the BEST, Tears for Fears!

Ohhh the music......

I have Sirius radio now so I can still listen to 80's music. We also listen to it on Direct Tv.

I think Sunday night roller skating was big because it was as close to wordly as we could get. (also as previously mentioned a good excuse to hold hands during couples skate.) After a while (thankfully after I had grown up and stopped going) the congergations put a stop to that as well.They said it caused too many problems and the music was too hard to control. Guess the "worldy" folks that run the skating rinks aren't as easily controled as the zombie witnesses. Hey! maybe thats why the trend died! It seems that us JW's were keeping the rinks in business and when we had to stop going.......hmmmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit