Am I the only one ...

by talesin 53 Replies latest social family

• talesin
    talesin

donkey

Did you take a page out of my diary from about 15 years ago? That sounds very familiar; my time for waking has always been 2:15, and it is the loneliest time of the day. You are not alone, dear donkey. Sticking around is the sign of a winner, not a miserable failure, and don't you forget it! Have you ever talked to someone (professional) about this? You know I care.

--->

tij

hmm, are you pulling my leg? If not, perhaps you should talk to yr doctor about these voices.

squinks

Knowing how we really feel is half the battle, huh? The JWs taught us well, and the 'unlearning' can require a little help at times. Sometimes it's just a matter of tweaking our thinking, and voila, better. I hope this is true for you. ;)

tal

• Banshee
    Banshee

talesin: Thanks for the pm. Check your Inbox.

((((((donkey)))))) Good to see you. I always enjoyed conversing with you in chat! I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard go of it. Best wishes to you and see you around!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey tal i wasnt pulling your leg..as in having a joke at your difficulties

but i wasnt meaning that i 'hear' voices

what i meant was that with no one else to talk to for so long i just got used to having conversations with myself

and those conversations would always be trying to work out why

day night whenever..they would just start up..and i would argue with myself and play devils advocate with myself and try to see it from another persons perspective

and it seems from your thread that i was not alone in this

so i wrote a song about it based on my experiences but right after i had just watched the shawshank redemption again..because there were similarities

its called institutionalised

and has that line in it

hope you are feeling bit better today

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Isn't this one of the things that brought many here?

Loneliness?

As witnesses we're taught to view everything outside of the organization as a product of Satan. Getting past that is diffcult. Figuring out what you're going to be okay with and what you aren't okay with. I think it's kinda like going through adolescence again. Basically learning who you are and what you are.

When you have to start over as an adult, it is easier to isolate ourselves. Making true friends is a lifelong thing. It takes trust, patience, forgiveness, the ability to know when to disagree and still remain friends. Okay, well, our trust was misplaced and trampled on. Patience and forgiveness? Well, when you're taught to brainwash and shun people, there goes that. And debate without going into a tirade, ha ha. Our goal was to go to each door in a military style and teach people that if they didn't do it the dub way god would destroy them and their children. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are so many things we have to relearn, and it takes time.

I am the last person to tell you how to make friends, but I will say this, please be careful that you don't isolate yourself too much. Seems like you've been here a while and have made friends and I know they care, keep that thought with you. Also, find something you can be passionate about. Helping other people is a great thing to do. Sounds cliche, but I'm serious. There are so many charities and organizations, that as witnessess we're taught not to get too involved with. But my favorite org is the special olympics. There are people out there with really severe problems and even though maybe all they can do is move a finger, you know, they do it with all they have. Helping people like that can really be a great perspective adjuster. It's also a great way to meet people who are loving and kind and I know for a fact that they are always looking for volunteers.

peace and love and all that is warm

blackswan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit