Am I the only one ...

by talesin 53 Replies latest social family

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    My ex-husband taught me that there are worse things than being alone.

Yes.........being along while supposedly PART of a relationship is hell on earth. At least that was my experience. Now, I've learned to deal with my "aloneness". Most of the time, I'm able to make peace with it, when it happens. I am a very introspective person, and I find I NEED time to be alone to think my own thoughts and do research, read, etc. about spiritual things...........these are my passion in life. I am also in a relationship which is pretty satisfying for the most part........much more than it ever was with my ex-husband. I think we all have to find our balance in life..........and whoever said we are never alone spoke a true saying.........we aren't........we are all connected to all that is out there energetically..........and we can reach out and touch one another to gain comfort from all our other parts when we need to.........our feelings of aloneness are a false construct of our own making, and when we remember that we stop feeling alone.

(((((Tal)))))

• kls
    kls

Aww Tales i am always here for ya ,but i won't marry ya cause you can't even send a damn picture through e- mail

• luna2
    luna2

LOL @ kls

I have trouble making local friends. I have none here...only acquaintances. Part of this is because of being a JW for so long and not wanting to involve myself with people outside of the org. Part is working for my father (thereby being viewed as managment), so there is a barrier between myself and co-workers. Part is that I've become something of a control freak with my private life. I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it...no pressure, no hassles....it is a rather isolated existence.

I've been tossing around ideas on how to change things, but so far it's easier to continue as I am. LOL I'm lazy, I admit it.

• prophecor
    prophecor

J, This song is what makes me think of what you might be going thru. If you have Anita Baker's CD you might give it a spin. Hope your feelin' better.

ANITA BAKER LYRICS

Only For A While

For a little while
    We know what heartache is
    And we feel the pain the world can sometimes bring
    For a while
    We cry in the night
    Without a single song to sing

But one day all will change
    There'll be no more stormy rain
    Then at last we will rest forevermore

So if you're in the valley
    And life is so unkind
    And, if the tears keep falling
    From your tired eyes
    If burdens seem so heavy
    And it's hard to smile
    Then just remember
    It's only for a while

For a little while
    You lose someone you love
    And miss the times together that you shared
    For a little while
    You feel all alone and scared

With no one there to hold
    Oh, the nights get long and cold
    But it won't last
    It will pass in time

So if you're in the valley
    And life is so unkind
    And if the tears keep falling
    From your tired eyes
    If burdens seem so heavy
    If it's hard to smile
    Then just remember
    It's only for a while

• Charisma
    Charisma

too bad you are so far away talesin, or I'd have you go see Anita with me in concert.. with Babyface!

Sometimes being alone is lonely, sometimes it is cherished and sometimes it if nice to have a friend to spend some time with

Especially one who knows where one of your favorite places is.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'd have you go see Anita with me in concert.. with Babyface! Charisma, that's gonna' be so electric. I can almost sense the energy of that event. Have a good time on me!

• talesin
    talesin

bem

Yes, I was having a dip in the road, is all. Today is your day for it, huh? *squeezes* Tomorrow will be better, stop thinking! That's my lesson for 2005.

sunni

we are all connected to all that is out there energetically..........and we can reach out and touch one another to gain comfort from all our other parts when we need to.........our feelings of aloneness are a false construct of our own making, and when we remember that we stop feeling alone

Yes! Sometimes it takes me a few hours, or a couple of days, to remember this. The lonesome feelings take over when I let my mind take over and 'whirl, whirl, whirl', I lose myself in that tremendous waste of energy --- analyzing life to death .... lol {{{ter}}}

And as you, and proph and a couple of others said, being in a "relationship" doesn't mean we are not going to feel lonely. I, too, learned that with my first SO. Problem was, it wasn't he who was distant, it was I.

kls

Soon, baby, soon. After you see my pic, you will be sorry you turned down my offers!

(note to self --- must get camera/scanner fixed, must get camera/scanner fixed)

luna

You'll get where you want to be -- that's what it's all about. It took me a long while to make friends after I left JW. Well, I didn't know how, duh! To trust someone, and tell them my thoughts? Never. Well, that has changed, and as you can see, I have learned to reach out. It's a good feeling.

dearest prophecor

"In the valley" I like that, yup, and you keep walking ... up and onto the higher ground. Thank you.

xo

tal

• Bas
    Bas

((((talesin)))) I think you're a really big person and I love you

Bas of the loner class

• talesin
    talesin

charisma

Oh, that is so sweet, hon. We would have such a time. And the brilliant Babyface! Enjoy.

Especially one who knows where one of your favorite places is.

Now, that is a 'heart' thought.

bas

I love you too, sweetie. muah! And thank you.

tal

• Bas
    Bas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit