What's up.... am I not worthy?

by upside/down 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA
    if you want the magazines just go to your local laundry mat, thats where they leave. them

Not if I've been there. If I see any JW stuff out in the open, I pick it up and put it in the nearest trash can. If the Tower has the right to put garbage out, I have the right to put garbage were it belongs.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

U/D Thank Cawed you're not worthy!

The last "visit" of any kind we got was an older poorly dressed woman going around leaving torn out pages of a bible stuck on doors, car door handles, under windshield wipers, etc. I found that far more effective than the witlesses preening.

• Chia
    Chia

I've been wondering too what the deal is. I'm quite sure the elders know where I am, and they definitely know my phone number, but I haven't received a call or a visit. Not that I am complaining.

• kls
    kls

You are right U D ,you are not worthy case closed.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

In the last 3 years or so I have moved 3 times in the same new city new area from where I use to live and during the first 2 years I worked from home and never got any visits either. My mother called during that time suggested that I contact some here and I told here, "that's quite alright, what do you think one of my reason was to move?"

I now live in a high rise apartment but never see any sign of literature or anything left around and sometimes wonder if they work the area where I live.

• franklin J
    franklin J

They no longer come to my house either.....

....and it had nothing to do with my chasing after them down the driveway with my hunting rifle the last time!....

• Honesty
    Honesty

I feel left out, too. No telephone calls, visits, tracts in the door, WT mags under the big WELCOME FRIENDS door mat. What is going on?

All I did was point out the inconsistencies in the JW/WTBTS literature and the hypocrites on the Governing Body who joined the UN.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Your on Jehoover's Naughty List.

The Great Day of Sucking is upon you and you will be among the dust bunnies and dust mites sucked into the great vacuum bag of destruction!

• Sith
    Sith

Put a sign up in the front yard that reads "Free Janitorial Supplies". They'll be knocking down your door

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I think they are just not into it any more. My wife has lived in this town for over 10 years and says she has never had a JW call on her, though she has found tracts in the door a few times (no not-at-home call, though). They did come to the door once when I was home alone, and I didn't have time to talk to them right then. So I played dumb and accepted the magazines (it was just about a perfect service meeting placement ) figuring I'd get them when they made the return visit. Guess what...that was over a year ago and they have never come back.

On the other hand, my friends from church who have JW relatives say that the JWs are very aggressive about trying to convert them. So I'm thinking that they are putting their energy into informal witnessing, where they don't get rebuffed (or at least not rudely) and where they think they might actually get some results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit