What's up.... am I not worthy?

by upside/down 29 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I only see them sitting at a table at the local mall, and standing at the lightrail stations, I don't see them door-to-door. I have been wondering though what I could say to them if they do come to my door. I like JAVA's idea, in fact we should spend an hour every Saturday morning removing magazines from laundrymats--we could follow behind them and remove them as soon as the idiots leave. Ha Ha Ha

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

oh no no no! I have moved three times in the past year all three place where in big cities the jw's came to my door once...where i'm living now...i know the congregation that covers this area..and i know that in this area the territory should be covered at least every two weeks or so the jw came to this door only once and they were on this block the other day and didnt do all the houses because we were working in the yard (no one knows i live here) i don't work thus i'm here just about everyday all day. My husband said they never used to come to his door and he lived in a supposed heavily worked area.

Conclusion: all that preaching that they claim that they do i'm starting to believe it aint so true

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'm lucky (oh no, did I say that?) I live in a high rise security condo and no one is allowed in with out a pass code or let in by a tendant. No visits now or every. Hate it when that happens.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I was reading that the witnesses have phone service now.
    Apparently they make phone calls instead of door to door. I saw it on a JW site that was posted in another thread. I just wonder if they go from the phone book or maybe not at homes? (They still go door to door here. I see them occasionally as they go by)

They seemed to think that was scarier than going door to door.

I wonder if they are exempt from the No Call list like telemarketers are.

Snoozy..who had to beg them to come visit her dying JW hubby who had been attending meetings regularly until he had nothing left to go on!

ps..They were too busy to visit as they were redecorating the assembly hall for the CO that was to be visiting. Poor hubby.He thought they didn't show because god didn't like him. Not because they were ignorant SOB's..(Anger?what anger?)

• zeroday
    zeroday

They started the phone witnesing in our congo about 4 years ago. They usually started with not at homes and went to territories they could not witness to. Old folks homes and security condos etc.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Please don't think I actually WANT them to call on me.

My point is as has been mentioned by some, they make such a to do about how they are the only ones doing the preaching work. They are they only "happy" people on Earth. They alone show true "love".... etc.

Eat my shorts!

I remember ALWAYS hearing how the SnoozeTower and Asleep were the most widely read mags... and most widely distributed. BS!

I'd NEVER read the mags before I became a Dub and have NEVER seen them since fading.... NOBODY (statistically) reads this crap. They are legends in their own minds. They produce, distribute and pay for their own "product" and make it appear that the whole Earth is listening and deliberately refusing to heed their message... this is dillusional NONSENSE.

They're all big fish is a very little pond.

u/d (of the soooo not worthy class)

• zeroday
    zeroday

upside/down

I was a JW for 28 years and I can not remeber a single incident where any JW's every discussed so much as a Watchtower, Awake or for that matter any publication among themselves. I always thought it astounding how much printed material was distributed and yet the rank and file had not so much a clue as to what was in it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    They did come to the door once when I was home alone, and I didn't have time to talk to them right then. So I played dumb and accepted the magazines (it was just about a perfect service meeting placement ) figuring I'd get them when they made the return visit. Guess what...that was over a year ago and they have never come back.

Neon, this happened to me a few months ago. I didn't give them ONE conversation stopper and they still excused themselves after just a few minutes. I haven't seen them back since then. I was really hoping to be a return visit.

As for phone service, when I lived in Hawaii as a teenager, we had been doing that for years with the high rises we couldn't get physical access to. After a hot morning in street service or door-to-door, we'd sit and munch on food and take turns on the phone for a few hours. That was in the mid/late 80's. But then again, Hawaii's congregations were very laid back and very liberal compared to the Mainland congregations. I've always wondered if the DFing numbers were lower there. The elders always seemed so much more compassionate there than other congregations I'd been to.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    The elders always seemed so much more compassionate there than other congregations I'd been to.

That's conduct unbecoming an elder.... always knew those damn Hawaiians were a bunch of slackers... definitely not "spiritual" enough.

u/d (of the I'm a slacker too class)

• garybuss
    garybuss

I asked a Witness for a study once and he said. "You're not worth the effort.".

Ya gotta love it! Hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit