What's up.... am I not worthy?

by upside/down 29 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've lived in my new house for a year and a half... in a nice newer neighborhood, in town.

The Dubs have never been to my house and I've never seen them in the neighborhood. I'm home almost all day every day!

I've had the Mormons here 3 times. The Seventh Day Dudes once and a local non-dnominational once... I spoke with all of them. One had an awesome intro... We're looking for people who have given up on religion....but not on "God"..... I liked it.... except I had to remind him that he too belonged to a "religion".

I had 3 Easter Service invites left on my door... not 1 piece of WTS garbage has made to my doorstep....

I was not a bad dub eithere... on the contrary I was hook line and sinker "in". My whole family just faded, but that still doesn't explain the complete lack of activity by the Dubs... It only reinforces what I already knew... their "ministry" is a sham and their so called "love" of neighbor is non-existant.

What's up... am I not worthy?

u/d (of the can't turn off the damn hi-liter class)

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Jehovah has given up on you...you are not worthy.

Funny thing I was told that by an elder once, he said if their were no sheperding calls, it was because the person was not wanted in the congregation.HA HA HA HA

• upside/down
    upside/down

Like they say... I got f*cked and didn't even get a kiss...

Didn't even get lubed...

No wonder it hurts when I sit!

u/d

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

You must have been marked as a goat. baaaaaa

• blondie
    blondie

u/d, check with your neighbors and see if they has been missed too. The CO is this area is still on the elders case about not working their territories at least once a year. Some had not been checked out in 2 years.

Then you will know better if it is on purpose or just a general inefficiency of the congo in your area.

Blondie (not seen hide nor hair)

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Don't you remember we're suppose to be bird food.

cj

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Funny how you had visits from three different religions. I remember how the witlesses would say, "do you see anybody else going from door to door" or "we're the ONLY religion that follows the example of first century Christians ...". In the back of my mind I wanted to see evidence of this first century house to house preaching!

Anywho - don't feel left out U/D, when the Big A comes just tell the angels you were waiting for a reminder but nobody showed up at your door.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm not "worthy" either! Not since I ended my study and showed my conductor the letter from the UN regarding the wt and ngo's.

For almost 2 years, those in fs from at least one of the many congs around here came by just about every 2 months. Now, no one. My husband even noticed and asked me why. Elders would still come by "for him", but not anymore!

It's nice to not be bothered.

• Shania
    Shania

Don't feel bad, God still loves you. Honestly, nobody goes out that much anymore. When you drive by the halls nobody is there. No cars, no people-----I remember when I was a busy girl in service, we would have huge groups every day, but that is not how it is today, I am telling the door to door work is slowly dying out.............so consider it a blessing if they don't knock at your door, if you want the magazines just go to your local laundry mat, thats where they leave. them....................

• fairchild
    fairchild

Shania is right.. it seems that they don't knock on doors as often as they used to. Blondie gave a real good suggestion.. check with your neighbors. It might be that they just really haven't been in that neighborhood in a very long time. It is also possible that they had really bad experiences in that nieghborhood. See, there's a particular street not far from where I live where the JWs NEVER go door to door. I don't know the details, but I know that they were threatened there by several people a few years ago. Instead of a do-not-call-on door, they have a whole do-not-call-on street. True story.

Oh, and check your doorbell, the mice might have gnawed on the wires, perhaps it doesn't work.

If your doorbell works and the neighbors get the JWs to visit them often, then you'll know where you stand. Poooooor thing. I'll come and visit you, how's that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit