Examples of JW evasiveness/dishonesty

by BONEZZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I did ask Crooklyn Bethel one question they refused to answer...

If you just wanted access to the UN Library then why did Australian Branch Overseer Don MacLean represent the WTBTS as a NGO while involved in an interfaith meeting with the Australian Parliament?

• Gill
    Gill

Cool question, Honesty!

Shame there was no answer.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Rod P - Thanks for answering that one for me, it makes sense.

• Brazilian
    Brazilian

"Chris Vance....I used to wonder about that too. I used to ask, "Isn't it more of a sacrifice for a non-perfect person to give up his/her life than a "perfect" person who knew 100% that his Father would bring him back to life? They'd look at me like I was stupid or being sacreligious." For me it seems that the Jesus's sacrifice for all mankind only make sense if we consider his nature as Deity - it would be GOD being sacrified for His creatures, a true love "scandal" for worldly people (and JWs also). That resolves the "power" issue also.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

BONEZZ,

***Annie...yeah alot of their non-answers depend on their speculations which of course we are supposed to believe without questioning.

I was so trusting that I had no clue it *was* speculation. Had I realized this at the time, I would have pressed further.

*** Too many of the wrong questions would get you into trouble.

Of course I didn't realize that either! I was so dewey-eyed that I didn't *know* that there were any wrong questions. My theory was that if you don't know something---you ask someone that *does*. Still is, BTW!

***Hey, maybe that's why They want to supply all the questions.

I LOVE that comment! Besides being true, it's also funny when you think about it LOL! I realize too, that when you are "preparing" for a meeting where there are written Q & A's---that you spend time trying to put these canned answers into your own words---which is re-inforcing the material into your brain even further than it you had only just read it. The more time you dwell on the answers, (that you are preparing for an upcoming meeting so you could look good) the more embedded they were.

The WTS is the cleverest of the clever. Insideous-yes, stupid-no.

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    They told me Big J reads hearts and all those kids were evil.

I have such a problem with that statement.

Jehovah reads hearts-JW style: In the days that were being discussed here....it was presumed that the children's hearts were bad. It was accepted that the evils of the "father's" were visited upon their sons. So no matter what these children did, they were being held responsible for decisions and actions of their "elders". Justice? Mercy? Slatecleaning? Just how *would* it be explained?

Skipping forward to this century: This same Watchtowergod is still reading hearts. Just ask a JW if all nonJWs will survive the big A. They'll most often say that J makes the decision, AND...that they can't really say because J reads hearts! (WHAT?)

So now these hearts balance out to being "saved" (before the "end") from being condemned in the days of S & G? It's enough to make your head spin. (insert mental picture of the gal in the "Exorcist" here)

Also, if the JWs say that J reads hearts, then why do they need 5 meetings a week, and turning in FS reports each month, etc, etc, if staying at home or spending time with your friends or family on weekends is being enjoyed by those that "have a good heart"?

They have the same heart they had two days ago, so what is with all the mandatory activities proscribed by the SOCIETY, and understood as God-given instructions on how you must spend your week? Is someone's heart automatically turned wicked because they purposely missed a meeting to do something else?

WE know why, but I wish I'd figured it out a LONG time ago.

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I couldn't help but think of the German witnesses who had endured months if not years of suffering, but because they weren't perfect their suffering didn't count. BS Of course, there are numerous other examples of people suffering for the borg, such as those who refuse blood, Malawi, etc.

(Sorry---I seem to be on a roll here replying to posts as they came up!)

I never thought of it that way....but it's an interesting point!

Annie

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

my big ones were

copy/clone as already mentioned and I brought up when I first arrived here...

how could Moses write Deut. when it talks about his death and burial and its the same author from beginning to end?

how can we have freewill when the future already exists, but Jehovah is being willfully ignorant about it? -as they explained Jehovah COULD know the exact future if he wanted to. and they give an illustration of many radio signals being availible but only one being tuned in....meaning that the others DO exist but Jehovah [who obviously did not make them] does not want to spoil the ending

if we are following Jesus as the model for all we do, why do we not speak to apostates when he spoke to satan?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Annie...your aim is right on...why were we supposed to spend all our time in FS when everyone's heart was getting read? I asked that one time and was told that it was to show we were in subjection or in step with His organ-eye-zation...or somethin' like that. Of course we now know that it was to help keep us occupied and under Mother's thumb. It's hard to believe now that I believed that crap then. Well I guess it didn't sink in all the way otherwise I wouldn't be here...woo hoo!

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Good ones Zen...I never caught the Moses one.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit