Examples of JW evasiveness/dishonesty

by BONEZZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• btafly
    btafly

In one of the Watchtower study articles about 8 or 9 years ago, one of the paragraphs was talking about the resurrection hope and how wonderful it would be to welcome back the children that were sacrificed to the false god Molech. I asked my dad (an elder) how could it be that we would be welcoming back those children when their parents were obviously wicked? We have always been taught that the fate of our children is in our hands. If we are wicked, then our innocent children, who are not at the age of understanding, will be destroyed because of our actions. He never did give me an answer. All he said was, "Maybe there will be a correction later.." Okay........

Does anyone remember this article?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

M.J...it's easy for 'em when they make it up as they go along.

btafly...I can almost remember that. Sounds like a typical response.

-BONEZZ

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Great thread Bonezz,

Even though Paul clearly states "the penalty for sin is death" Well then if the big "A" occurs today and all the Jws make it through without dying, when would they have paid for their sin with death?

How does a "annionted one" develope a spirit that carries on after death, if current doctrine does not allow this, and if the annionted one falls away what happens to the spirit that was there to carry on?

This is a really good one: What was the name of the true church after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

LOL, Ive heard funny responses like " oh there was a family in Europe somewhere who kept Jehovahs Org. alive secretly." I said ok what was the name because remember Jehovah always uses a organization.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting thread.

I didn't get it all read, so I hope I don't repeat.

What intrigues me is the 'twisting to fit' approach to scriptures. Three examples that I have in mind that I always questioned in the back of my mind. I never asked anyone to answer these, that I recall. I was not looking to discredit the organization at the time, but they were interesting to debate in my mind.

1- The account of the witch of Endor speaking with the spirit of Samuel. Without reading this with Watchtower filters it would seem to indicate that it was indeed Samuel's spirit that was being consulted. But the WTS has twitsted the meaning to mean that it was really demons that filled that role.

2- The parable of Jesus about the rich man and Lazarus. I always wondered why Jesus would use such a parable that he had to know would be used as support of hellfire by future religions. It takes the WTS entire articles in detail to explain away what Jesus said there.

3- Speaking of Parables; why is the 'Faithful and Discreet Slave' parable interpreted as prophecy, when other similar Parables are said to be just that?

So many inconsistencies - so little time.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit