Examples of JW evasiveness/dishonesty

by BONEZZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I have one ... You say that you can't bring your brother to court to bring reproach upon Jehovah's name, why do you call pedophiles brother?

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Sorry, I didn't actually ask that to an elder, just to my wife when I was questioning why she was sticking with the JW's.

Kwin

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Ivy...I remember that one too. They told me Big J reads hearts and all those kids were evil.

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Kwintestal....you could get in some serious doo doo for "going down to Egypt." Better to just shut up and let those pedo's keep doin' what they do best.

-BONEZZ

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Bonezz

Thanks for starting a good thread. My friend told me last week that his adult sons, who won't listen to him about JW religion, and his father who died a few years ago, will all qualify for a resurrection. Is this the teaching?

I have a question. Does Satan have more power than Jesus Christ? They say Christ has no power of his own, but that Satan is very powerful. How do they answer this?

• ivy
    ivy
    They told me Big J reads hearts and all those kids were evil.

I remember getting an answer similar to that, but then what about free will, which I was always told was a gift from j. If the little babies in S&G were born evil, then they didn't really have free will, if J just knew that they would turn out evil, that's predetermination.

Around and around we go... The end result was always, "You can't understand the mind of god, because he's perfect and we are not". Or something to that effect.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    I mean if it is the "truth" afterall, it will stand up to anything.

I was told that 'the truth will survive but your faith might not'.

I always wondered, why will billions die just because they innocently backed the wrong (religious) horse?

• Sith
    Sith

The Watchtower Society should welcome close scrutiny. If you are absolutely assured that you have the "Truth"...all the answers...then you should welcome all questions, because in being able to answer them all, the fact that you have the "Truth" would become crystal-clear to everyone. When you know you are right, it's only natural to shout, "Bring it on!" Isn't this what Jehovah did when Adam and Eve sinned? When Satan called into question the "rightness" of God's rule, didn't Jehovah essentially say, "Ok, let man rule himself. Let's see how well he does. You'll see that I'm right. Bring it on"?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

jaffacake...thanks. I can remember wondering (don't think I asked this one) why a mass murderer could die the day before Big "A" and get resurrected but some worldly trying to do good, like Mother Teresa, would not get a second chance if Big "A" came while she were living?

-BONEZZ

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

*** Rbi8 Romans 6:7 ***

7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

My question to elders was this. I asked it several times, but never got an answer. Rather I was warned against calling Jehovah unrighteous:

"In light of the above scripture, why was a ransom sacrifice even necessary? Adam and Eve sinned. Adam and Eve died and are therefore acquitted of their sin. How can you call Jehovah a "god of justice" when he punishes the entire human race for thousands of years just because Adam and Eve ate a lousy piece of fruit?"

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit