Examples of JW evasiveness/dishonesty

by BONEZZ 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Being born and bred into the borg I always felt it was the "truth" but I wasn't the one who measured up I was not good enough to be a dub. But I also had nagging questions that went unanswered by the most learned elders...or at least not answered to my satisfaction. Their "answers" were in fact not really answers but side-steps or attempts to mis-direct my question into an area they could answer.

An example...it always bothered me that we could not examine the contents of what opposers put out. I mean if it is the "truth" afterall, it will stand up to anything. I was always told that we didn't need to look at anything else and we might be allowing Satan to get a wedge into our mind. Whatta crock!

One of the other questions was, "Are everyone but JW's going to be destroyed at big "A"? Of course being born into this crap I knew the answer was yes but you sure cannot tell that to someone on the street. They side-step the question by telling folks, "No, many people who never had a chance to know of the kingdom will be resurrected and there are plenty who will still have time to accept the "truth." Their answer, if you can call it that, is really a yes, but they cloud it with smoke to make the average worldly person to think the answer is no.

Another I asked as a child was, "If everyone in America were JW's, wouldn't Hitler have won the war and he would have killed all the JW's?" The answer would have been Yes...but all the dubbies would side-step it and say something like, "It's all part of Jehovah's plan, He wouldn't allow that to happen"...another non-answer. As a child I used to think..."Thank God for those worldly people helping to keep our butts alive."

Anyway...can you think of other questions they can't answer logically.

-BONEZZ

• Rod P
    Rod P

Yes, I had one of those experiences too.

My question to them was, If man is a living soul comprising the body and the breath of life (life force), then when we die and go out of existence, and the only thing left is Jehovah's perfect memory of all that we were while we were alive, what happens when we get resurrected? If Jehovah makes a new body and then implants that personality that was "You" while you were alive, then is that REALLY "You" that has been "resurrected"? Or is this just a Duplicate of You, a Clone? (My argument of logic was to imply that if there is life after death, that it would make more sense that there would have to be a continuity of personality or essence.)

Nobody could give an answer to that one. One guy put his hand on my head and felt around for horns. We had a good laugh over that one!

Rod P.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Good one Rod.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

When my x-wife and I were newly married we were talking to an elder about something. I don't remember what. I had expressed to my x-wife that I didn't understand the ransom scarifice. Jesus was perfect and also knew exactly what was going to happen when he died. What was the big deal? If an imperfect human "dies for righteousness sake" it seemed like a bigger deal to me. Anyway, my x asks this elder: "How do you explain the ransom scarifice to someone?" He, of course, didn't know I was the one who didn't understand. His answer was you'd have to be pretty stupid not to understand that.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Rod p - Thats a really good question, I have often spent hours contemplating that one but I was always afraid to ask.

I have a question, its probably really easy and basic as I have only ever studied the 'milk of the word', but if Jehovah fortold all these different events, like 1914 etc etc then surely it means that he caused them to happen ??? If anyone knows the answer please fill me in.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Chris Vance....I used to wonder about that too. I used to ask, "Isn't it more of a sacrifice for a non-perfect person to give up his/her life than a "perfect" person who knew 100% that his Father would bring him back to life? They'd look at me like I was stupid or being sacreligious.

-BONEZZ

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had asked an elder why the Memorial was celebrated "until his arrival when we were taught that he had already "arrived"? His answer was that this meant after he had taken full Kingdom power after the earth had been cleansed.

Annie

• startingover
    startingover

Chris,

I have always wondered about that very question. I will give credit to Runningman for this- isn't the permanence of death the thing that makes it so bad. In Jesus' case, wouldn't it be better to say that he just had a bad weekend for mankind.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Annie...yeah alot of their non-answers depend on their speculations which of course we are supposed to believe without questioning. Too many of the wrong questions would get you into trouble. Hey, maybe that's why They want to supply all the questions.

-BONEZZ

• ivy
    ivy

I asked a lot of these same questions, and of course at some point the answer was that I had to accept these things and that god could not really be understood by my imperfect little mind.

The old testament used to really trip me up. God was responsible for the deaths of so many cute little lambs and babies. The Sodom and Gomorrah story is a good example. I remember asking my mother if there were any little kids there, and was it really fair not to give them a chance. There are tons of others. No one could ever really justify those things to my satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit