Did Jesus tell a fib?

by gumby 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    Would you like to talk about this too?

I ain't talkin bout nuthin till I find out whether Jesus fibbed or not. I ain't eatin , I ain't sleepin , I ain't talkin, and I ain't even poopin .

*fades off with spit hangin on his lip*

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

Robyn.....that's pretty trippy......and very intresting.....Thank you....and Happy Mothers day

The conscious and sub-conscious mind has always been the primary reason I never subscribed to evolution. My idea is maybe a bit simpler on this than Jungs ( though I realise he knows a crapload more than I)

These archtypes he speaks of that man creates to simulate a subconscious memory of an actuall factual ancient history is certainly a posibility. I feel however people simply create gods and stories to answer their simple questions such as..."who in the hell put us here, why did they put us here, what kind of "thing" has power like this to make what we see, and is there other life out there in those heavens". Religion has resulted from these questions......not because god revealed himself to anyone. When someone comes along and claims they have the answers to the questions mentioned.......there's always takers. Takers make the world go round though

Gumby

• hmike
    hmike
    I ain't talkin bout nuthin till I find out whether Jesus fibbed or not. I ain't eatin , I ain't sleepin , I ain't talkin, and I ain't even poopin .

Getting back to the original issue, I'd agree with Hondo. These statements were made to a specially-commissioned group of 70 or 72 deputies. There is no indication that it was ever meant to be applicable to all believers for all times. Also, there is no indication of how long this protection was to be in effect, although it would appear to be limited to no more than the time remaining before the crucifixion. Finally, it may not even have been unconditional. Jesus told them their names were written in heaven, but if you include the twelve in this group, what about Judas?

The best way to handle this is not to demand more from the text than it actually says.

So, a one-word answer is "No."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumbtuse:
    I was talking about your continued assertion, in this thread, after all the nice answers you got.

~rubs nutsack and goes flaccid~

• gumby
    gumby
    ~rubs nutsack and goes flaccid~

LMAO !! Glad I swallowed my coffee before I read this.

Your right buddy....I did get some good answers in this thread and my argument is the weak one. It's very possible the situation in discussion is as hmike , hondo, and some others shared. Thanks you guys for your help....but don't get exited........cuz that was an easy one. Next time I'm doin the arse kickin

~rubs nutsck and realises he has a lump and a bad rash~

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Did ya ever find some effective stuff for the open sores?
    I, err, know someone who could do with some

• Preston
    Preston
    So Preston.....you think Solomon actually stretched his story from say 6 women to 1000? That's a bit of a stretch wouldn't ya say?

Some people know how to really stretch the truth....you're a gumby, you know a bit about stretching...eh?

Noah wasn't stretching his story either or he wouldn't have included every species went onboard with details.

If I was a CPA, Noah would of been audited...BIG TIME...you know he didn't include an itemized list of EVERY ANIMAL that went on board....it certainly doesnt include any details of any gumbys that went on board...or any pokeys

If Jonah was swallowed, I'd say the fish was good sized.

And Jonah spent 3 days and three nights under water in a living breathing animal...uh-huh

Me thinks yer waaaaaaaaay wrong. Besides ya big knucklehead......god guided these men by Holy Spirit to write these stories and the Holy Spirit don't stretch stories...........so there!

I didn't blame God's "holy spirit" ya big knucklehead...

*flips preston off*

It's rude to point Gumby typical behavior of an elder....

- Preston

• Robdar
    Robdar
    These archtypes he speaks of that man creates to simulate a subconscious memory of an actuall factual ancient history is certainly a posibility. I feel however people simply create gods and stories to answer their simple questions such as..."who in the hell put us here, why did they put us here, what kind of "thing" has power like this to make what we see, and is there other life out there in those heavens".

Well, Gumby, according to Jung, man did not "create" these archetypes. They are part of the universal unconsciousness and can be used to learn more about who we are as humans and society. The archetypes can be used to advance our consciousness and self awareness. Sort of a way for the animals to evolve, so to speak.

Using universal myths, we are better able to understand ourselves and each other. We are able to perceive of "higher ideals" and act upon them. We will also be better able to advance our civilization.

Oh, well, I don't want this to get too out there. The concepts aren't really difficult but are rather hard to convey without doing a whole lot of writing. If you are interested, you will do the research on your own. Right?

Robs

• gumby
    gumby

Robyn....I looked at the site you provided and bookmarked it as I thought the ideas were very intresting. I read your first post wrong and thought you were saying something different until I read from the site.

LittleToe, I still have the open sores and I still say it came from you when you kept stealin sips of booze from me in Washington......ya damn virus infested nutscratchin apostate!

*flip preston off again cuz he don't except the bible as true*

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit