Did Jesus tell a fib?

by gumby 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    People can be the offspring of vipers. People can give the sting of a scorpion. God has given people the power, through Jesus Christ, to fend off such ones.

michelle

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph. 6:12

you see, it's been the reptilians all along!!

• gumby
    gumby
    God's babes, believe and trust that He has their best interest in mind.

Go tell all the starving suffering people in this world that god has their best intrest in mind.That's like someone knocking your teeth out so you can have new and better lookin teeth.........ya damn hillbilly bastard!

As for this scripture applying to the 70 that Jesus commisioned to go by two's to proclaim the "Kingdom was near" ..... (which was another lie he told since his kingdom NEVER came).....that is correct. It was STILL fib because the 12 apostles were included in that 70 and their arses certainly we not protected from the enemy as jesus promised. Peter was hung upside down on a cross and the rest of them didn't fare too well either. Poor ol' John was imprisoned in his 90's (by the ENEMY)....and had no damn hemmroid medicine on that little island Patmos known for it's psychodelic mushrooms that brother John was so fond of when he would do his writing.

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

That trunk below that John is writing on is where he kept his stash of mushrooms.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

You really want a god that is smaller than you, so you can judge him, don't you? Maybe you didn't know the same Jesus I do?

D Dog

• gumby
    gumby
    Maybe you didn't know the same Jesus I do?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. The one I knew was homeless after he left his parents house at 30 cuz he said their bed was too hard and that he'd just sleep at different friends houses and stuff.

Gumby

• myelaine
    myelaine

Go tell all the starving suffering people in this world that god has their best intrest in mind

Gumby,

I hope this dosen't sound rude, but....you threw this out there like it was your plight. What are you doing about it? Many people are trying to help these people and tell them about God, AND they are coming to the Lord. The unfortunate don't have the grudge that you do it seems.

michelle

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby,

I hope this dosen't sound rude, but....you threw this out there like it was your plight. What are you doing about it? Many people are trying to help these people and tell them about God, AND they are coming to the Lord. The unfortunate don't have the grudge that you do it seems.

michelle

Not to be rude myelaine.....but your as brainwashed as you were when you were a witness but you haven't figured it out yet and knowing your type.....you probably never will. Why? Because you NEED to believe in something.....not because you have one iota of proof of your belief other than a book supposedly from god that has more holes in it than a pin cushion.

As for your above statement.......what do you mean "what am I going to do about it"? I don't claim to have the power to feed all the hungry.......but Jesus say's he does. He fed 500 hungry people one time then figured his job was done apparently. He raised the dead and quit that job too. He healed the sick then retired from that too. He's a quitter or else his arse woulda been back before 2000 years went by.

Gumby

• myelaine
    myelaine

Gumby,

I was never a witness. Jesus had a limited time on earth, He did what he could at that time and I am thankful that He showed me the pattern to follow. By nature, I MIGHT not have cared two licks about those people, as it is, I have done what I can as I was able to. I would hate to think that compassion and love come from a deluded heart and mind, where would that leave you?

You don't know my type. I never HAD to believe in anything. I was shown, by God, that there IS something to believe in AFTER I studied with the witnesses and found their teachings to be at odds with what I sensed the Bible was trying to say.

michelle

• gumby
    gumby
    Jesus had a limited time on earth, He did what he could at that time and I am thankful that He showed me the pattern to follow. By nature, I MIGHT not have cared two licks about those people

Hi Myelaine. Sorry for assuming you were dub.......but I still say your brainwashed

So....Jesus did what he could at the time eh? What about now? Is he less powerful than he was then? Was he just giving a preview of what he was going to do at a later time? What's he waiting for particularly?

Jesus isn't the only one who gave a model for people to follow. Ghandi did the same and so did many others that had no ties to Jesus.

So.....if you hadn't known Jesus.......you would have no fellow feeling for others eh? Why?

Gumby

• Truth or Lie
    Truth or Lie
    If I remember correctly, many christians have been tortured and killed through the centuries. Their enemies killed them. None of them that I know of ever had power over rattlesnakes or scorpions to the extent these critters never bit them.........so.......did Jesus lie that they would be immune to deadly critters, and that they wouldn't ever be harmed,.....or did god ALLOW a spurious scripture in his spirit directed holy word that could have caused the death of many if they trusted this scripture?

Luke 10:19 .... "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Gumby

7 And the likenesses of the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; and upon their heads [were] what seemed to be crowns like gold, and their faces [were] as men?s faces, 8 but they had hair as women?s hair. And their teeth were as those of lions; 9 and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings [was] as the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle. 10 Also, they have tails and stings like scorpions; and in their tails is their authority to hurt the men five months. 11 They have over them a king, the angel of the abyss. In Hebrew his name is A·bad´don, but in Greek he has the name A·pol´lyon.

16 And the number of the armies of cavalry was two myriads of myriads: I heard the number of them. 17 And this is how I saw the horses in the vision, and those seated on them: they had fire-red and hyacinth-blue and sulphur-yellow breastplates; and the heads of the horses were as heads of lions, and out of their mouths fire and smoke and sulphur issued forth. 18 By these three plagues a third of the men were killed, from the fire and the smoke and the sulphur which issued forth from their mouths. 19 For the authority of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with these they do harm. Scorpions and serpents sting when they bite, and also cause death, whether slow and painful or immediate. Notice that the above scriptures depict a battle and many weapons are described as beasts or animals. This is so those back in the day might be able to grasp the meaning. Jesus Christ did not lie, but made it so that all people in his day and ours might get the meaning and save our own lives until Christ arrives in the glorious Kingdom. A locust resembles a man helicopter and many missles are named after names in the bible. When Christ arrives with his apostles in the kingdom they will have power over these, and no harm will come to them. 14 The wall of the city also had twelve foundation stones, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit