Did Jesus tell a fib?

by gumby 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hondo
    Hondo

I don't believe Jesus told a fib.

If I am not mistaken, In Luke 10, Jesus is talking to "70 others" plus the 12 apostles. And, I believe in Luke 10:19 he is only talking to these 82, not Christian for centuries to come, and the first group of his disciples and chosen followers that went out by two's to spread the word.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Gumby,

"and nothing shall by any means, hurt you" Jesus is talking about the soul.

Matt 10:28 And do not fear THOSE who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

THOSE would be people that are not God's children. THOSE could be "guided" by evil spirit forces if they are in harmony with said evil forces.

Having said that, I have been physically and emotionally hurt in my life, I have been spiritually wounded, but...the spirit of Christ, in me, is strong and I KNOW that I will not be overcome by any of it. I say, if you want to bring about my death, try, I know where my life is.

michelle

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    If I am not mistaken, In Luke 10, Jesus is talking to "70 others" plus the 12 apostles. And, I believe in Luke 10:19 he is only talking to these 82, not Christian for centuries to come, and the first group of his disciples and chosen followers that went out by two's to spread the word.

What? Hondo, are you recommending that gumby consider context?

Actually, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

What a damnable waste of my 666 post! Why wasn't I paying closer attention? Now I'll have to run through town naked, falling asleep on my watch like that. By the by, very uncomfortable bed that watch was, too. It isn't like I got something good in exchange for the streaking to come.

Crap!!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Nark

Michelle is a babe and I guess Gumby's not

Luk 10:21

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

The only problem, does that mean Gumby is "wise and prudent"? Yea right!

D Dog

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    does that mean Gumby is "wise and prudent"?

Like a serpent (Genesis 3:1; Matthew 10:16)?

• gumby
    gumby

One thing is for sure,..... Jesus was a pisspoor communicator. How many interpretations of what Jesus meant have been given here? One says 'it's spiritually', one says i't's people', one say's it's 'the soul'. Jesus was good at sayin shit and meaning something else....wasn't he. He couldn't even make it plain whether he and his father were one in the same or not....could he?

This is just another example of why people become disillusioned with the bible.....and another reason why we have 50 freakin billion religions. You or I could have done a better job at writing a book if we knew it was to guide to our children we created. God gets a big fatass F for failure in "communication skills" in my book!

Sorry for being a rude ass........but I can't help it when I see what a book.... supposedly from god..... does to peoples thinking and how it divides people in many ways, yet has done a world of good in many other ways. The god I learned to love as a child doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Gumby

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

Sorry for being a rude ass........

You're just mad cause you're not a Babe like Michelle.

D Dog

• i<3creator
    i<3creator

It is all about how you interpret the situation... different people will interpret it in different ways, and there is no right or wrong, it just depends on your point of view and where you are at in your life. Hope this clarifies everything,

• gumby
    gumby

DD I have the cutiest butt you ever seen dude! I bet if you put my butt on hers I'd look hotter cuz women have wide hips cuz jehovah wanted them to be the poor unlucky bastardetts that had ta have us kids. Sometimes I feel like I have a poodle butt though

Gumbuttlooksnice

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumbuttmonkey

Cute butts don't make babes in God eyes.

Luk 10:21

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

God's babes, believe and trust that He has their best interest in mind. That can't happen when you try to judge God, you don't have enough information, nor do you have the ability to do that.

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit