Did Jesus tell a fib?

by gumby 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hmike
    hmike
    This is just another example of why people become disillusioned with the bible.....and another reason why we have 50 freakin billion religions. You or I could have done a better job at writing a book if we knew it was to guide to our children we created. God gets a big fatass F for failure in "communication skills" in my book!

Hey Gumby,

I find this scripture interesting:

In Matthew 13, right after Jesus tells a large crowd the Parable of the Sower, starting with verse 10...

The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"

He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them in parables:

"Though seeing, they do not see;

Though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

" 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding;

you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

For this people's heart has become calloused;

they hardly hear with their ears,

and they have closed their eyes.

otherwise they might see with their eyes,

hear with their ears,

understand with their hearts

and turn, and I would heal them.'"

Not only did the general population not understand the parables, but even the close disciples usually did not understand; Jesus had to spell it out for them.

So much for them trying to figure it all out. If they did, they would have turned from sin and God would have been obligated to save them.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi there hmike.

In Matthew 13, right after Jesus tells a large crowd the Parable of the Sower, starting with verse 10?

The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"

He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them in parables

Makes a lot of sense eh mike? Crowds take the time to follow Jesus to learn from him, and he dicks around with their minds and tells them riddles and crap they can't understand unless they follow behind him and bug him to explain stuff......and EVEN THEN they don't understand.

What Jesus didn't realise.....APPARENTLY....was that his words that were parables that he spoke, were recorded and published and became a bestseller! Now....we have a bestseller full of words nobody understands........cept for the lucky bastards that get ta talk to Jesus on a PERSONAL basis like our friend ol' Shelby who never visits us anymore.

Gumbastard

• Satanus
    Satanus
    That's why Jesus came, to die for His babes,

Wow, i bet even hugh hef wouldn't go that far.

S

• Brummie
    Brummie
    we have a bestseller full of words nobody understands........cept for the lucky bastards that get ta talk to Jesus on a PERSONAL basis

You gots to deal with this jealousy you have over Jesus' friends gumb, its tearing you apart ;)

• gumby
    gumby
    You gots to deal with this jealousy you have over Jesus' friends gumb, its tearing you apart ;)

S'ok Brummie......Jesus can't help it. He inherited his tactics from his dad Jehovah. Jehovah had his favorites too. Just like jesus who had 'special buddies' he told all his secrets to........so likewise his dad did the same. His dad said he made himself known only to Moses....then to the Israelites. He protected them, gave his commandments to them, and made them a promise he'd bless them. To all others.......god would let his henchmen destroy and pillage.

I'm always a dollar short it seems like.

Gumby

*Twist up another fatty for Satanus*

• Brummie
    Brummie

*reclines back in black chair* ahh, thats it gumby, talk about it, get it off your chest, get it in the open, get some distance from it and maybe some closure, you will feel a lot better ;)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey father gumm

Offer one to the other kitty too.

S

• gumby
    gumby

I can offer him to join us.......but he's the type that would bogart the whole thing.....then wanna go out and get hookers and stuff and I ain't participating in that kinda trash. Brummies a bad man.

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

I see, so you think there is something *wrong* with flirty fishing? Would you like to talk about this too?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    If christians would re-search the fact that Jesus credentials were found in OTHER godmen BEFORE his day......and notice the identical similarities Jesus had, then their COMMON SENSE would testify to them Jesus was just another Myth that was made into a religion that proved succesful. This...along with a shitload of other evidence would convince anyone who didn't let THEIR EMOTIONS stand in that path to perhaps see things differently.

Gumby, I'm a Christian and I do not necessarily disagree with you--if I understand you correctly.

Carl Jung, the psychoanalyst, had some interesting thoughts about religion and myth. Jung believed that there was a deep and very significant layer of the human unconscious called the "collective unconsciousness", which communicated through "archetypes":

"the primordial image, character, or pattern of circumstances that recurs throughout literature and thought consistently enough to be considered universal." http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article?tocId=9355719&query=archetype&ct=

Anyways, Jung believed thqt archetypes are innate, unconscious, and pretty much universal. He described this collective unconsiousness as a "storehouse of latent memory traces inherited from man's ancestral past, a past that includes not only the racial history of man as a separate species but his pre-human or animal ancestry as well." As far as Jung was concerned, all religion is simply myth or a symbolic way of interpreting the life of the psyche.

I wish I had more time to write about this but I don't. If you get a chance, here's a good link that will explain more:

http://www.wynja.com/personality/jungarchf.html

Have a good night Gumbybear.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit