Watchtower Votes in United Nations Affairs

by Dogpatch 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Neat thread. I enjoy the fact that we as apostates propose ideas and let the facts prove them true or false. No cover ups. No shunning if we disagree with the 'new light'. No higher power refusing to admit an error.

It's really refreshing. Of course, the WT could not take the same course of action. Their theories are all so full of holes that they would be left with nothing but a gazebo of worship rather than a house. And I think the gazebo would have termites... lol

Thanks, Randy! :)

J

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Um,,,, I along w/ 3 other witnesses are going to ask Dogpatch to be tossed out of this forum. He is stiring up hope and desires that the WTBS might really be that stupid. Damn him! LOL

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    EvilForce: Um,,,, I along w/ 3 other witnesses are going to ask Dogpatch to be tossed out of this forum. He is stiring up hope and desires that the WTBS might really be that stupid. Damn him! LOL

In that case, EvilForce, you are hereby damned as a division creator! Out with you! Get to gnashing your teeth! And we'll remove your whole stinking committee if we have to, the Congregation must be kept clean of the idea that ... can't ... keep ... pretending ...

Har!

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Randy,

Those resolutions are Security Council resolutions. Ther Un Security Council is made up of 15 members, 5 permanent, and 10 rotating.

I am not sure how the Watchtower Society could fit into this, except those are resolutions listed in pages associated with their membership record. Likely, they are informative notices.

This is interesting matierial, but more research needs to be done.

Jim W.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    EvilForce: I think WTS Demunz possessed his computer and posted it while he wasn't looking.

I wouldn't be surprised. The WTS said the Devil is responsible for me finding out about the UN/DPI Affiliation.

"The Devil, of course, wishes to undermine our faith and build doubt in our minds. We can be sure that he will provide something over which the doubter easily stumbles..." You can guess the rest.

I have no idea how they can compare that reasoning with Luke 17:1-3 and have no twinge of conscience pains. Ah, well. Let 'em have their fill now, in this period of time.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I think I know what has happened. The UN web site *IS* messed up..... because the demon-filled Apostates hacked into the site to deliberately spread lies about the blessed Mother Organization.

Nope, no way it could be a smimple glitch. Demons & apostates; Gotta be! That is the simplest explaination :-)

• bebu
    bebu

I shoulda run it thru snopes (Oldsoul must work there, though!)! Glad I read this thread again before opening my big mowf somewhere...

bebu

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ok,

You guys are all having too much fun. And you have all been to damn reasonable and honest on this thread. Randy came up with some legit research. Everyone trying it came up with the same results, WATCHTOWER VOTED IN THE UN.

Now why go and ruin that? Didn't you folks learn anything after decades in the WT. THE TRUTH DOESN'T MATTER. It's all about making it LOOK LIKE TRUTH. Where in the world is your lust for defamation? Where is your bitter and blinding hatred?

As Apostates, YOU ALL SUCK.

Jst2laws

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is it possible for us to contact the UN and ask them to provide records of their NGO activity, or has that been done already?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Due to confidentiality clauses in the agreements signed, the UN cannot release such information. It is typically a very reasonable rule, given that many corporations would prefer for their political leanings to be kept in confidence. In our case, knowing that the WTS evidenced political involvement at all is plenty of knowledge, anyway.

The UN rule was not designed to hurt anyone, the UN just didn't foresee someone trying to "insinuate themselves into their good graces." (wt 91 6/1 p. 17, par. 10)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit