Did Anyone Ever Find The Meetings Interesting???

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'm the type that gets fed up after 1 hour of meeting, no matter if its interesting or not.

• minimus
    minimus

Not spiritually fed, huh, JH?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Maybe I was just an spiritual anorexic / buhlemic....

I binged at the spiritual banquet only to purge it when I got home...

u/d (of the bad chefs always blame the customers class)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

See Min I'm not alone

Dismembered

Cripes!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I remember a talk comparing the society to a diamond and how if you put it under a microscope you will see all the imperfections. That talk was the beginning of my long journey out of the cult. I reasoned that if it is the ultimate and only truth there would be no reason to tell us not to look too closely at the organisation.

• Lieu
    Lieu

No. I found them boring in discourse and juvenile in content. Its like there's a red button and a blue botton. A group of fickle minded guys give the 'don't push the red button' discourse over and over and over; a never ending cycle going nowhere. We never get to the purpose of the red button nor any mention of the blue button. Then there's the whole 'out of context' scripture (in everything) shiznit and 'your never doing enough' discouraging talk which goes on, polluting matters worse. So many JWs are depressed because of attending meetings where their feelings of worthlessness are solidified by the Elders discourses.

• minimus
    minimus

Good point Lieu! The meetings just make people feel worse. It is reinforced that they are losers.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Mostly boring. I'd say 1 out of a whole month's worth of meetings seems interesting/enjoyable to me.

Keep in mind that I grew up listening to the same stuff meeting in and meeting out, so I no longer find it appealing at all.

DY

• upside/down
    upside/down

DY- you are definitely a living example of "endurance"... of course you know that's a fruitloop of the spirit!

u/d

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I never ever think I enjoyed a meeting, O I may have said I did while I was a JW but it was all pretty much a lie I was only saying what I was taught to say to be "upbuilding" as every JW is taught,,and not say anything not upbuilding and more in line with the truth like:"These fu#king meeting suck,,I wish I didn't have to go to them 3x aweek,,they sure take a big bit of my time sitting listening to things that don't make sense"

I'm glad i don't have to go to meetings,,I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. O, did I say how much I hate them??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit