Did Anyone Ever Find The Meetings Interesting???

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

How can one judge past meetings attended when they were in a brain washed haze and hopped up on contrived prophetic madness? It's like asking - did you have any great days while you were in a detention camp? But ... the best meetings were when Crooklyn would send their henchmen to give a really moving talk, the crowd would come in Easter fineness, and all the hypocrits would rise to the occassion. Those days stand out the most.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

It's up to you to make the meeting interesting. If you're handling a mic, consider putting it in front of someone's mouth while they're singing.

Walter

• upside/down
    upside/down

Meetings?..... NO!

Gifted, charismatic speakers (no matter the topic)?..... YES!

u/d (of the formerly "gifted" speaker class)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

in hind sight i can see that i really did not enjoy any of the meetings. but because it was the truth and i risked god's wrath if i didn't go and "enjoy" the abundant spiritual food, i made myself enjoy them. when i good speaker did come along, i really felt like i was enjoying it. but, i just wasn't! when i was a teenager, hot girls in the hall were the only thing that made me not put up more of a fuss being dragged out to meetings. ***i also found that the more i prepared, the more bored i was durning the meeting.

• minimus
    minimus

The meetings have been so dumbed down, it's embarrassing!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Not very often. When I was a kid, it was torture. Every once in a while my mom would ask where we were in the WT and if I wasn't following along, usually got a whack. I'd have to write down every scripture quoted during the assemblies.

When I got older I was a clock watcher! Couldn't wait for them to be over, and when meetings went over time it was torture.

There was the odd brother that I did really enjoy. One CO was a young brother, and he used to be a bush pilot in way way up north - Alaska/NWT. He was interesting, and really made an effort to get everyone involved, especially the children. Other than that, couldn't wait for them to be over. There is not one thing I miss about them now.

BB

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Interestingly enough, the meetings towards the end really irked me. We had this one sister who used to have fits of what I called "canned laughter". Everytime one of the "travelin' brudders" came along she'd sit there just waiting to cackle at what was hardly droll. Darn watchtower hen. Put a lid on it.

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Most of the elders would do the same annoying thing----cackle like it was the funniest thing ever said.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Also how you need to get on your life boat and row as far away as you can because if your too close when it goes down you may get sucked down with it?

The irony is that once you hear the rest of the story, the Titanic turns out to be the WTS.

• minimus
    minimus

Willy----you're right! Ironies of ironies, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit