Are't You Sick of This??

by Explorer 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

Explorer,

I do not think you are stupid or naive. In fact, I think you are an intelligent person, and you should have more confidence in your intelligence.

You write,

I guess what one does in a case like that is just put it aside, at least I do that.

Why put it aside? Especially when we're talking about the slaughter of billions of babies and children?

I do have the answer: if there is a God, and he is omnibenevolent (God=love, as you initially stated), then the WTBTS does not understand him the least bit whatsoever.

"But the Bible says he will destroy millions, including children!" you may protest. Well, if that's your conviction, then it isn't true that God is love -- for what could possibly be loving about a God who murders children? But if God is love, then the Bible must not understand him the least bit whatsoever.

What do you think? I do think you're intelligent; I just want to see you apply that intelligence to this problem -- which doesn't mean that you have to end up agreeing with me, but that you'll explore the ramifications of each assertion you make. Thing is, all of the Witnesses I've known have not been able to engage this issue meaningfully. You might be the first, if you write back. I hope you will.

Dedalus

edited for content/clarification

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Explorer,
    I hope you are still with us. Just 4 months ago I was asking the same questions. You are on the right path. Keep loving, keep asking questions and keep looking. Don't hate anyone, nor let anyone else convince you that hatred is good. Just listen, learn, and only hate bad, and bad ideas, bad behavior.

What have you found here? Has it not been an experience? Love is the motive of most here. If you like, contact me by e-mail. Try Ross, on the first page of your post.
    Jst2laws

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done, Explorer! You have the courage of your convictions and we appreciate that.

I was curious over this comment:

Neither I think a person disfellowshiped from the Org., or leaving for his own will shall die for that particular reason. I think He, as well as anyone inside the Org. will die only for what is inside his heart
    This may be what you think, but is it what 'Jehovah's organisation' thinks? They rule that a DF/DA may not have a funeral at the KH, nor must the elders officiate in any way. Methinks you are not in total agreement with the organisation.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit