Are't You Sick of This??

by Explorer 42 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Explorer,

welcome in this Board!

Tina , in mho, gave you an excellent answer:

".. a well-worn party line often used when JW's can't refute policy and doctrinal issues."

Yes rather then REFUTING with solid arguments, WTS resorts to
    "name-calling ", side-tracking the real ISSUE:

" Doctine of men, cannot be preached as coming
    from God Himself or from His word, the Bible."

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Explorer,

Welcome to the board.

I think you are confusing bitterness with hate. When someone has been wronged, it is natural AND HEALTHY to feel bitterness...possibly even hatred, for a period of time. It is a process that all humans go through to deal with difficult situations. If you STAY in that bitter state indefinitely, then you are obviously not healing.

You must not have read many of our posts if you think us all bitter and angry. I personally am one of the most cheerful and happy people. (I know this because others are constantly telling me so. ) That is another myth that you have been taught, that all who choose not to be JW's anymore are angry, resentful people with no joy or love in their lives. This is quite simply a lie. Stick around and KEEP reading posts by a variety of individuals and you will see that this is so.

think41self

"When agnostics die, do they go to the great perhaps"?

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Hi, Explorer, welcome...

I don't hate the JWs. I don't hate my parents, or brothers, or sisters, or my aunts uncles and cousins, or my ex-husband, or the friends I had for 20 years who no longer care if I am alive or dead.

I thought I would hate these people, but I do not. I am sad for them. I feel sorry that they are missing out on the wonderful life that I have. I am truly happier and more satisfied in life than I have ever been. I go through periods where I miss my parents terribly, and I get very angry with them for trying to use spiritual blackmail against me, but I get past it.

My only hope is that the WTBTS must stand up and make changes to some of their horrible policies. THAT is where I stand.

Greetings to you. We hope you stick around, for explorers make all the difference!

Regards,
    Reagan O'Connor

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• peterstride
    peterstride

I wonder if Explorer did a hit & run on us. He posts one message, possibly without even reading other posts, stating his preconceived ideas (or at least what the society has told him to think), and then doesn't come back to read the responses, or respond to any of them himself.

Maybe he's just happy being under the control of the Borg!

Prove me wrong Explorer. Tell us that you've read through the responses that people took time to write back to you.

Back to the top!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• soylibre
    soylibre

Explorer, I have no hate for individuals in the org....I do hate the wicked policies of the WTS and I hate the way they rip families to pieces with their doctrines...I hate organized religion all together, but I love the people I left behind....in fact sometimes I miss them so much it makes me sick....but I can't belong to a religion that tries to be mediator between God and Man...i.e. "If you aren't one of us you can't be a true Christian....the only way to get to God or Know Him is thru the WTS"....

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Peter: I dunno. Explorer signed up on 6-29-01, so s/he has been lurking for at least a month. I'm willing to bet that s/he is at least reading the responses.

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hmmm.....like I said, I hope he proves me wrong and that he is still lurking and reading the responses.

By the way Reagan, I've been wondering. Is that really a picture of you?

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

No, Peter, unfortunately -- it's a shot of Debra Messing from "Will & Grace." I'm not skinny (much more curvaceous than she) but I have the hair (and I'm a NATURAL redhead, thankyouveddymuch).

Maybe someday if you all ask nicely, I'll post a real pic...

Reagan

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I wonder if Explorer did a hit & run on us.

I think he did. We seem to have a habit of immediately jumping on a new Witness that happens to drop by the board. I think that we should welcome them with open arms and encourage them to drink from lifes water free.

p.s. Reagan, I've been asking nicely for months!!

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• nelly136
    nelly136

thought we did slip
    perhaps we weren't hateful enough?

nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit