Are't You Sick of This??

by Explorer 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Explorer
    Explorer

Dear Fellows :

First of all I must thank everyone for responding to my post, I really didn't expect that, it took me a while to go through everything in order to get the general picture. I'm surprised by how many of you took the time to express their thoughts regarding my lines, and of course I really appreciate that.

I am not quite sure If I made myself clear regarding the issue the first time. That might probably account for English being my second language, instead of my native tonge. Sorry about that...

I agree with those of you stating the difference between bitterness and hate. I do see the difference when I read it, and it is specially here where I tried to express my sorrow the first time, NOT because I think those ex - JW's will eventually loose their life for steping out of the Org, as it could have appeared to some of you, but because I can understand they were hurted by some one in the Org.

I am sorry if it also sounded a worn line to some others, I can understand the perpetrator being sorry for something he did does not take away the pain he has inflicted. I Thank God I do not have anything to feel sorry about my own actions hurting like that a fellow brother, or ex-brother. However, I am not blind to those JW's who have indeed acted like judges upon the concience of others. But as for this extreme, I can only think Jehovah shall repay to everyone acording to his deeds, I no one will escape this final and only fair judgement, no matter if he claims to be a Christian in good standing.

Not all the JW's are blind to the mistakes, many of them sinful, that are comitted by people in " good standing ", specially by judging others with a sword they would't call upon their own flesh. However I wonder, can anyone apart from God ever change that? I doubt it. We as humans are inherently sinners. Jehovah forgives those who are concious of this sinful condition and try to live the path of Jesus, the path of LOVE, but as for those that claim to be "different" in every way from their fellow neighborgs, and forget they are flesh too, God will judge in JUSTICE, but with the same lack of mercy they have judged others.

I believe changes will come to the Org. sooner or late, if overall aprobed or disaprobed by God, He is the only one who knows I think. But Jehovah has never failed to recognized a truthful and humbled heart, not having to be this one part of His people, and that's what makes Him so Great. So I think he will judge people individually, everywhere, outside and inside of all Orgs. not just JW's.

Neither I think a person disfellowshiped from the Org., or leaving for his own will shall die for that particular reason. I think He, as well as anyone inside the Org. will die only for what is inside his heart, and that's why I was moved to post regarding our need to get rid of the hate, and embrace love in our hearts.

Regarding those of you who think God himself seems not to be a God of Love, by your quotes from the scriptures, and the description of His judgment upon His Enemies, and their offspring, I can only say I can understand the feeling, but being myself flesh as I am, I just don't dare to judge the Almighty or his acts.

Hope I have explained myself better this time. Enjoyed very much reading all of your posts, and wish you all the best, JW's and ex-JW's.

Sincerely,

Explorer

• nelly136
    nelly136

wouldnt worry too much explorer, english has always been
    my first language....and after all these years I still havent learnt it, seems to me youre doing fine,
    its also nice to see you back again and I hope you stick around, you'll get a lot of different perspectives and some dead dodgy sense of humours (take slipnslide for example heh heh)
    nelly

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Explorer, thank you for your second response. I just got the opportunity to read this thread myself, and I, too, was wondering if you were just posting WT rhetoric and then leaving.

I'm glad you're still here. If you read various threads with an open mind and an open heart, I think you'll soon begin to see the general outlook of the people here....which is not hate, but, depending on the stage of healing they have achieved, can range from bitterness, to shock, to relief, and then eventually to peace and contentment.

In most cases, ex-JWs have not left the organization because of gross sinning or because they want to live a hedonistic lifestyle. Rather, most, like myself, have closely examined what the WTBTS is teaching and have found that it is neither Biblical nor loving. To remain within an organization that is teaching hate under the guise of love is hypocritical and damaging.

I can remember an article in the Watchtower that came out years ago (I just wish I could remember exactly when) that spoke of our being wise enough to recognize if and when the WT Society itself began teaching things that were not proper. We were warned that we might have to abandon the organization in order to serve Jehovah properly.
    We were urged to use wisdom and discernment in order to do this.

I think that those of us who are here have done exactly that....chosen to serve God rather than an organization.

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

Good to hear from you Explorer, glad you didn't slip away. Stay with us.
    My biggest complaint with the Org. is that it is an Organization. It's an org. that tries to defy accountability. It's annonomous, acts like a prophet, yet has been proven to be false. Where in the Christian-Greek scriptures does it say that God or Jesus will act through a spokesman-like organization.

Hope to keep heraring from you.

• julien
    julien

To expand on what RedhorseWoman said, I think the vast majority of people who leave do so not because an individual JW harmed them, but the organization or its policies did. Some even leave without being harmed, just because they can't in good conscience support the JW system -- be it doctrine, legalism, conditional love, judicial matters, etc.

Also I think that people who are not normally 'angry' or 'bitter' toward the society (ie 'welladjusted, happy, exjws') often become so temporarily here because of discussions that go on. Of course this applies to JWs also who experience the other side of these sometimes heated discussions.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Regarding those of you who think God himself seems not to be a God of Love, by your quotes from the scriptures, and the description of His judgment upon His Enemies, and their offspring, I can only say I can understand the feeling, but being myself flesh as I am, I just don't dare to judge the Almighty or his acts.

Since when are babies and children the enemies of God?

My questions deserve real answers, Explorer.

Dedalus

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

dedalus- good point, that's bothered me for years. What's the answer?

• dedalus
    dedalus

The answer, Wondering, is that Jehovah God is neither merciful nor loving. Of course, this would be more devestating if he actually existed.

Dedalus

• Explorer
    Explorer

Dear Dedalus :

I realize I have no answer for that one, and it's not the first time I have myself wondered about this issue. I guess what one does in a case like that is just put it aside, at least I do that.

I know you would probably think I am stupid or naive, but what do you do in a case such as this? Do YOU have the answer? if so, would you share it?

Sincerely

Explorer

• philo
    philo

Explorer,

I read very little, if any, hate among the people here; most of us only know each other at a 'textual' level and haven't even seen each other, or even a picture. So when there is hatred expressed, it is usually against ideas. We rarely came up against this in the organisation, not because the congregations were so remarkably loving, but because thought was suppressed by fear in the cause of organisational control.

This is a good place, imo.

philo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit