Are't You Sick of This??

by Explorer 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ros
    ros

Hello, Explorer:
    Welcome. May I commend you for expressing your concerns on this board. You seem genuinely sincere.

While it is true that many, who have been severely wronged by having family ties severed by the WT religion's shunning policy, may justifiably feel a great deal of anger, I would say most do not hate Jehovah's Witnesses the people. We may view them as deceived, but not evil. We realize they are following the direction of the Watchtower Society. That does not lessen the pain.

Yes, we are sick of it, but that does not take away the problems. Evidently you are sick of it as well, only you see a different solution. Perhaps you can be a spokesman here for your perspective. "Come, let us reason together." We do not hate all Jehovah's Witnesses. And obviously some, like you, do not hate us.

• Patriot
    Patriot

What's up Explorer?, You wrote:

" I am also sure Jehovah´s heart is toward those in the organization who have learned the
    difference between the sin and the sinner, and who honestly feel sad when a brother
    leaves, and hope he comes back some day, no matter how gross his sin might have
    been, or how badly his case might have been handled."

Why does Jehovah's heart have to be toward ONLY those in the org.? There is no mention whatsover in the Bible about an "organization", let alone leaving this "org." and then returning.

Yes we have examples given by Jesus of those that leave a Christian lifestyle and then returned. But you must understand my dear brother that this Org. which you so much adore is nothing more than a money making publishing firm that is made up with rules and regulations , most that can't be directly linked to the scriptures.

If someone commits a "gross sin" (the way you put it) then they must resolve that issue with God and God only. Who are these elders or others from the Cong. to say when a person has repented? Just because they "go back" to the meetings? If you believe sinners can show that they have repented just by showing up to some meeting then you have not been paying attention at your precious meetings.

People in the Cong. might feel bad about someone leaving, but its because of the brainwashing that has taken its toll on them. You are instucted to believe that these people WILL die JUST because they no longer go to these meetings.

Now you tell me: Is that the God of love that is mentioned in the Bible? Will I DIE because I no longer go to JW meetings?
    How dare you or anyone for that matter sit down and Judge my fate. Thats the diffrence between you and me: I am FREE to follow Christs teachings without all this nonsense, while you live in FEAR that if you do not do precisely what you are told, when you are told, how you are told, then you will DIE. Die in the fearsest battle where blood and gore will cover the earth ( at least that what you believe)-which is why they keep you in CHECK........DEEP CHECK.

Maverick-whose survived the Gulf and 2 missions to Columbia.....and the JWs!!

All men must die..........but few ever really live

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Explorer, I'm glad that you are here and I'm glad that you posted.

Please stick around and read the varied topics, some fun, some heavy. But stay.

Welcome.

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• Simon
    Simon

I appreciate the sentiment behind the post explorer, but you seem to assume that just because someone leaves or is removed that they have done something wrong.

I am also sure Jehovah´s heart is toward those in the organization who have learned the difference between the sin and the sinner, and who honestly feel sad when a brother leaves, and hope he comes back some day, no matter how gross his sin might have been, or how badly his case might have been handled.

I know in my own case that I was DA'd against my will and even after asking them they will not tell me what for.

Are these 'Jehovah's People'? I don't think so and if they are then I don't think much of his ability to pick anyone or read motivations. I could do a much better job than he has...

• JW72
    JW72

I have to disagree completely.

There's nothing wrong with hate, as long as it doesn't consume you and as long as its justified.

Some people here have VERY good reasons to hate the WTBTS, not necessarily particular people.

Love(not hate)

Chris

• metatron
    metatron

Simply put, I'm not sick of all these attacks on the
    organization. I know many fine people who are Witnesses.
    But I'm overjoyed that finally there is a glimmer of hope
    of forcing this sick, arrogant leadership to change.

We may actually succeed in publically humiliating the
    self-glorifying Watchtower Society - and force their
    corruption into public view.

Hooray! - and Godspeed!

metatron

• gsark
    gsark

Hello Explorer, a good point but...

You put up a nice big post about 'hate' but never define 'hate'.

Care to take a shot at it? We've all taken the time and mental energy to read your post and some of us responded, care to respond back?

of the waiting with bated breath class..

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Explorer and a warm welcome to this place. I appreciate your sincere comments. My response is: If only! If only things were as you portray them.

Brother (I can call you that because I am a JW 'in good standing' as far as the cong is concerned) I feel I must say that you are being naive. For the JWs in the congregation who have no trials and tribulation in their lives, being a JW may indeed be satisfying. However, what of those who have some difficulties in life? It's these that the organisation lets down, the very ones it should be caring for if it were being Christlike.

Are you aware of what happens to ones who face judicial committees? Are you aware of what their families experience? Are you aware of what lengths the individual JWs go to in shunning DF/DA persons? Please read the comments on the thread "Special Judicial Committees" started by Jemimah.

I'm sorry, brother, but you can't 'put your head in the sand' over this issue. You may wish it was different but it isn't.

You have taken a small step by posting here, plaese stick around. You'll learn plenty! Of course sometimes we are flippant, sometimes even un-spiritual. But this is the reaction to a life in the Borg. Be understanding. Remember that Christ died for all.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• nelly136
    nelly136

Hi Explorer nice to meet you,
    hope you stick around, the more jws the merrier as far as I'm concerned, maybe soon Df'ing and Da'ing will be a thing of the past
    if more like you have the courage to go where you please.
    nelly

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

Hi Explorer: (hope you have good tires)

Welcome, welcome. It's good to see you're looking around. Don't give up.

True some who post have an ax(iom) to grind. Some have stumbled. Some have been seriously hurt and deceived by the "loving brothers" that are part of the organization. I have experienced outright slander from them, with the organization's blessing. Mind you these are supposedly God's annointed. That should get one wondering how much of a connect they really have with God. Well they can't know everything you may say, and that's what I've concluded. Are we expected to put our faith in any man or organization?

Please don't be offended in what is said but look for yourself.

One point that openned my eyes that something was wrong is this.
    When I was baptized, I had believed as the society had said:

A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit. This shows, among other things, that Christianity is not a denominational affair, that sects have nothing to do with it. (Watchtower. 7/1/55, pg. 411)

This was the vows I said when I was baptized as printed the Wt:
    (1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ? (2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? (Watchtower 5/1/73, pg. 280)

Salvation is based on faith in Jesus. There is no mention of a spirit directed organization.
    And he brought them outside and said: “Sirs, what must I do to get saved?” They said: “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will get saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:30-31)
    We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners from the nations, knowing as we do that a man is declared righteous, not due to works of law, but only through faith toward Christ Jesus, even we have put our faith in Christ Jesus, that we may be declared righteous due to faith toward Christ, and not due to works of law, because due to works of law no flesh will be declared righteous. (Galatians 2:15-16)

Quietly, in 1985, new converts are now Baptized in the Father, the Son and the spirit-directed organization.

The first question is: On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will? The second is: Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization? (Watchtower 6/1/85, pg. 30)

That was never my argeement. If that is still the WTBTS position, I don't know. Maybe others can fill me in. What are you baptized into?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit