When you left the JW's, did you keep all your books & magazines?

by Rod P 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rod P
    Rod P

ballistic,

Naaah! He can have it. I have moved on a long time ago.

In those days, while I resented the loss, one of my satisfactions was knowing that every time he looked something up in one of those volumes, he would have to think about the fact that someone else got it all together for him. It's not so much about him stealing something as it is more along the lines of "cheating", or maybe a better way to put it is that someone handed it to him on a silver platter without any effort on his part. At least that is how I would feel if I were in that situation.

On the other hand, I have to think about the kids who are also part of that household. In one sense, as JW children growing up, they had a nice library of all the publications for them to use whenever they wanted or needed to. So I began to think that perhaps I had left behind a kind of legacy for them, as believing JW's, notwithstanding that I felt very strongly that the teachings were false.

The lesson for me was to learn how not to be so attached to things. It is a very good lesson.

Rod P.

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all, I have an extensive library, My wife and I used to care for an older brother, and when he died
    he willed alot of his stuff to us which included an extensive WT library from the beginning.

As far as having mags on hand, that's fire starter.

Kind Regards
    Acadian
    "If you live below your means, you'll have the means to live."

• lucky
    lucky

I threw everything in a dumpster except the Bible with my name engraved on it (and reasoning book bound in the back) that I got from my mom when I got baptized, and my pioneer school book. For some reason, I had a hard time throwing out all those hours and hours I spent cutting and pasting scriptures from an old bible into the margins.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek
    I have 'placed' some of the pre-1999 Awake magazines with people who had been studying with JW's until they compared the mastheads with the newer magazines. You can imagine how much I am loved by the loco elders in the area.

Hey, Honesty, what do mean by pre-1999 Awake? I've been out of the loop a long time.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Loaded up my pickup truck and headed off to the local transfer station. Going to the dump never felt so good!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I brought all the watchtowers and awakes to the paper recycling - together with almost all the books - except the Insight book and my bible....

some testimony ...

since I was the only withness left in the village (and now none over there) - I am sure that some people got to laugh....

• Rod P
    Rod P

Country_Woman,

Well, since you were tucked away in that little village all by yourself, maybe it was a good thing. That way you didn't have Elders looking over your shoulder.

Rod P

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i tried but my mother made me leave them with her. she didn't want me tainting them with wordly vibes or whatever.......wtf?

luv, kitty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit