When you left the JW's, did you keep all your books & magazines?

by Rod P 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

I kept all the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation literature I had. After the Witness people started to shun me in 1992, I dug it all out and brought it up to date. Then I went back and backfilled to the book Three Worlds. Now many of the publications are on searchable CD's. More than a few are on the Internet.

I read virtually all the Russell and Rutherford era produced books. I made a word by word study of some of the Knorr era books because those were the books used by the Witness people along with my parents to educate me and layer my core beliefs. When I became aware of how flawed my core beliefs were, I wanted to examine their origins and challenge those origins with an adult rational mind.

Nothing survived my audit except the multiplication tables. It was all flawed. There is a God, flawed. He has a bastard son, flawed. He operates a United States book printing business, flawed. The end is near, flawed. We must respect unrespectable people, flawed. On and on . . . .

• Rod P
    Rod P

Garybuss,

So tell me, did you come to the conclusion that all of this was flawed on your own, or did you arrive at this by searching for commentary from outside the JW publications?

Rod P.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I wish more than anything that I had kept the videos. It would be so funny to get stoned out of your brains and watch that stuff. SNG had a funny ass review of the 'Young People Ask' video, can't remember what it was called now though.

GBL

• garybuss
    garybuss

Rod P, I quit associating with the Witness group in 1974. I knew they were unethical lying weasels and they pissed me off by lying to me and harassing me and belly pushing me and my 3 year old son. What I didn't know was how deep the rot went into the organization. I read Crisis Of Conscience in 1992 and I met up with other former Witnesses in early 1995.

My research was like peeling an onion. Layer after layer came off. Theism went I think about 1996.

Lately I haven't been giving those who rejected me so many years ago much time in my thoughts. I'm busy enjoying my grandson and those who've chosen to be nice to me and my family. The rest can go suck a lemon.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I just finished unpacking what I still have (used to have so much more, including some really old ones)...Hadn't looked at them in ages but since finding JWD I've actually been referring to them on occasion. Go figure.

I have extra copies of the Revelation book, Daniel's Prophesy, Isaiah's Prophesy and The Secret of Family Happiness if anyone wants them.

~Merry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I could go for a copy of the Revelation book Merry. I'm running low on toilet paper .

GBL

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I still have all mine in a storage building somewhere; however I would like to get them on CD ROM. I remember picking up a couple of those CDs when they were first released at bethel but they were for bros who had computers back then. I didn't have one at the time.

• Banshee
    Banshee

I didn't have a big collection of literature when I left (my parents were the ones with the big WT library), but what I did have, I threw away bit by bit, over the years until all I have left of it is a NWT. I kept that mainly because of the leather bible cover with interesting design.

• RR
    RR

I kept everything, I have a basement full of books and many in boxes, like Blondie what's not readily available on CD Rom, I have on the bookshelf, everything else is in boxes, although I have made a killing on ebay selling my duplicates. My library goes back to William Miller.

RR

• ballistic
    ballistic

He knows the collection is yours. You own it on an intellectual level. You might have to offer a token sum of money to get it back. But if that's what you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit