JW working the obituaries

by Icansaylucky 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

I have only been on the way out for about 2 years. I stopped meetings completely about a year ago.

I do say bless you now and Good Luck but I have to really think about it and force myself to do so. Just Crazy. DePrograming. But I still have to watch myself around my parents as not to say either of those.

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

My baby sneezed today and his granny (a non jw) says bless you and i felt so stupid because it never came to mind to say anything....i know she thinks i'm a bit strange..but i can't help it...i'm socially disabled. I never considered myself to be rude, as a jw i thought we had the best social manners. now reading all the different posts, i can see just how ignorant jw's are.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Don't worry swiftbreeze, pretty soon it'll will be like second nature to know how to respond to people. I think it was easier for me to get into the groove of things in the "world" because even as a witness I thought all the petty little rules were ridiculous and petty.

• M.J.
    M.J.

People who've had their world shattered make ideal cult targets, and the cult conditions you to prey on them in this time of weakness and even feel righteous about it. So sad.

When my grandma died some sister from my wife's congo insisted on talking to me about it...I was totally at peace about my grandma moving on because she lived a full life, it was her time, and she had moved on to something better. But oh man this sister kept pressing me like it was her duty to pull me out of my blind, pitiful hopelessness...It was so awkward cause I couldn't really elaborate as to why I was totally at peace about it. I just wanted her to go away!

• lawrence
    lawrence

I knew a sister who worked the obits - a congo outside of Boston. She once was on the Assembly program discussing how she started a BS due to sending out literature to the grieving. Ambulance chasing would be next if it weren't for the blood issue.

• carla
    carla

I find the whole thing so disguting I'm just flabbergasted! Who would of thought people could be so callous? And to be endorsed by the org no less! I never heard of something so outrageous. carla

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

They have been doing that in a Missouri cong. for at least 25 years. They feel it was their duty to help families that have lost loved ones!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit